How To Look Cute and Presentable For Those Freezing 8ams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

At least once in our time at Siena, we’ve all been faced with the dreaded phrase, “8ams.” These classes aren’t fun for anyone, especially when you have to hike across campus in the freezing weather when you only rolled out of bed minutes before. If you’re like me and don’t own a single pair of sweatpants, (I know, it’s weird!) you may be wondering how you can possibly look cute and presentable for those looming 8ams without having to drag yourself from your warm bed too early. Well, I have three words for you: athletic, accessorize, and (in) advance.

1) Athletic

Wearing cute, athletic clothes to 8ams can be an absolute lifesaver. Jumping into a pair of workout leggings, a long-sleeved shirt, and a pair of sneakers can save a lot of time in the morning and can look super cute. Sweatpants can sometimes look baggy and bulky and may even give the impression that you rolled out of bed and went to class in your pajamas. Instead of wearing sweatpants next time to your 8am, try some yoga pants or workout leggings with a long sleeve shirt or running pullover. You’ll look cute and presentable for class, but you’ll also be able to feel comfortable without wearing baggy sweatpants or pajamas!

2) Accessorize

Adding an accessory to your outfit for an 8am makes a world of a difference! When you have to walk to the complete opposite end of campus in the middle of November at eight o’clock in the morning (let’s not even bring up January 8ams), you’re going to be freezing. When you’re trying to figure out how to look cute and presentable for 8am classes, but also to keep warm, try adding a warm scarf, hat, or a pair of boot socks.  Any one of these accessories adds a little something extra to your outfit

3) (In) Advance

Choosing your outfit the night before really does help you to look more cute and presentable for 8am classes! Half of the battle in the morning before class is having to choose an outfit and if you’re like a lot of normal college girls, you don’t have a lot of time in the morning to be deciding on what to wear. Try to make it a point to choose an outfit for the next day right before you go to bed! If it helps, write yourself a note and leave it next to your phone charger or a place that you know you’ll go before you go to sleep. If you can make this part of your schedule and give yourself more time to choose an outfit, you’ll save yourself the headache in the morning and you’ll look super cute and presentable for those 8ams!

Julia Lowney is a Siena College Class of 2018 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied English and also minored in Marketing and Writing and Communications.