Siena College sign
Siena College sign
Original photo by Jessica Dery
Life > Academics

Day in the Life of a Sophomore at Siena!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.
Tuesdays and thursdays

While every week day at college can be a whirl wind, Tuesdays and Thursdays are definitely my two busy days! Today I am going to talk about what it is like to be a Sophomore at Siena while balancing school, a healthy lifestyle, and making time for myself.

Work study

The first part of my day consists of a lot of homework! I work an on campus work study job in one of the CA offices in a freshman residential hall. My job is pretty chill, so for the two hours I am there I usually spend the time catching up on homework. If I am not doing homework, I am most likely hanging up new posters throughout the hall, or taking down new ones!

starbucks

The next stop on my list is a must! I always stop and grab either an iced matcha or an iced chai latte at the on campus Starbucks. This is always a highlight of my day, and it gives me something to look forward to during homework!

class one

Now onto my first class of the day. This semester, I am in a class called Research Design and Qualitative Methods for my major of Political Science. I take this class on the bottom floor of Siena Hall from 1140 to 110. Hour and a half classes are my favorite. They aren’t too long where you get bored, and not too short where it feels like you get nothing done!

lunch

Another highlight of my day! In between my classes, I have a solid hour and a half to grab and enjoy a quick salad from my favorite spot on campus Caseys! But going at this time during the day, you have to be prepared to stand in line for about twenty minutes because everyone had the same idea as you!

class number two

My second class of the day is Honors Experience of the Sacred. This class is from 320 to 450. I take this class to reach my honors credits of five honors courses before I graduate! This is also one of my favorite classes because it is really student run and focused. Each student gets to be the teacher for the day and present the class with a lesson. This might be tough for some kids, but I love it!

gym time

Finally! My absolute favorite part of every day. I am headed off to Siena’s gym for a good hour workout! This gym has everything I could need to get a good sweat. Whether its leg day or cardio day, this gym has got everything you need!

dinner in the dining hall

After the gym I am always so hungry! Good thing the dining hall is open until 730. In the dining hall I can always find something that will satisfy my cravings and my hunger! Recently I have been loving the veggie burgers, and all the different soups Siena has.

Homework and netflix

Now that I am finally back in my room for the night, I always have a huge line of homework waiting for me. But, I also want to make sure I get some chill me time before the night is over! So after hours and hours of homework, I end my night with some Vampire Dairies, and a a late night snack. And thats the end of my day as a Sophomore here at Siena!

Eden Nestler is a junior at Siena. Her major is Political Science, and she plans to double major in Communication Journalism in the future. Some of her interests include working out, fashion, being with friends, and reading. IG: eden_nestler