7 Dreaded Post Hook-Up’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

We all know this is a small campus and you will most likely run into your weekend hook-up or hook-ups in Saga, Casey’s or the library…. You name it and they are right in your face (or hiding from it).

Here are the seven horrible encounters you may have with last weekends hook-up:

1.The Stage 5 clinger

We all know this guy. He’s the one who overstays his welcome and is into cuddling. Then, he wants to hang out every breathing hour of the day. Most likely he will hook-up in hopes of a relationship. For some this is amazing and for other’s a living nightmare. No one likes to be the bad guy and end up breaking this poor guy’s heart.

2.The one who ignores you

It happened! You wave and he looks at you like you are a complete stranger. As if you are a vampire and only come out to play with him in the late hours of the night, not only is this rude but extremely awkward. He can at least say “Hello”, “Hi”, and throw in a “How are you?” back… place him on the do not answer list for next weekend.

3.The one who snores

You had a sleepover because he begged you to stay, but then you spend the whole night staring at the ceiling. You wait for a good time to quietly leave and BAM! He catches you trying to escape at 5 am!  This is as awkward as it gets… run as fast as you can or take the nice road and come up with an excuse.

4.The smuggler

So you loved cuddling…until this guy showed up. He is strong which is a plus, but doesn’t realize how strong he truly is and hugs you way to tight…all night long. So that you can’t escape… looks like you are stuck for the awkward morning encounter. On the plus side, he may walk you back and even lend you a sweater.  

5.The creepy stalker

You haven’t even recognized him since last weekend and now he is all over the place.  Lurking your daily routine so much, you feel like someone may have given him your schedule….

6. The one who thinks you are now married

In this case, he could have had several previous hook-up encounters with you before and everything has gone well. Until he wants to get more serious and you clearly do not. He has asked you out several times and the answer is still no… every time. If he wants you to meet his parents, the cord clearly needs to be cut….

7.The bragger

We all know this guy because he proceeds to tell every one what went on between the two of you, so much so that he screams it at a party…. No one likes this guy, don’t be this guy!

Nicolette DiMaggio is a Siena College Class of 2018 alumna. She studied Finance during her time at Siena.