alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways You Know You’re Having the Best Summer Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Now that summer is about halfway through, it’s pretty easy to determine if Summer 2k15 has lived up to your expectations. It’s crazy that summer has gone by this fast, but hopefully you have enjoyed every second of it so far! Here are all the ways you know that you are having the best summer ever:

1. You have stuck to your summer goals so far/accomplished them

Whether you made the decision to start working out, read a certain number of books, or eat healthier, no matter what your goal was, if you have stuck with it, that’s great! Summer is often a time of reconstruction and relaxation, and if you were able to throw some determination into the mix, the final product will be happiness at the end of the summer. Sticking to your goals over the summer also sets you up for a successful return to school. At the beginning of the Fall semester, you will return rejuvenated and proud of yourself for sticking to your guns. Who knows, maybe the determination you had throughout the summer will seep into your semester, leading to more success!

2. You have been hanging out with your friends…a lot.

If you have been spending time with your friends almost on a weekly basis, your summer is probably a lot of fun. Late night drives, bonfires, road trips, drive ins…you and your squad are having a great time in the summer sun. When you’re not with them, you are planning the next time you can see them. The summer is only so long! At this point, this summer probably wouldn’t have even mattered without your friends.

3. You enjoy your summer job/internship

Whether you are working retail, in an ice cream parlor, or taking your first stab at the corporate world, if you can honestly say that you enjoy your summer job, that is awesome! Jobs can take up so much precious time in the short-lived summer. The long vacation allows for internships, long hours, and invaluable experiences, and you do not want to feel like you are wasting your time. If you have managed to make your work time into time well spent, you are no doubt having a great summer.

4. You’ve gone to concerts and music festivals

There’s no summer without concerts. When else can you see your favorite artists in an outdoor venue? Summer is the perfect opportunity for exploring and satisfying your love for music and boho clothes. If you’ve been able to attend some concerts so far or you have some planned, check this one off, you’re having a great and music-filled summer.

5. You have a road trip/vacation planned with your best friends

Nothing says summer like a road trip. Hopping into the car with bags of food and caffeinated beverages and conquering the open road is what summer is made for. A road trip and a vacation with your best friends should be on every summer bucket list. 

Megan Salavantis is a Siena College Class of 2018. Megan majored in English at Siena during those four years.