5 Fall Activities to Enjoy in the Capital Region

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

1. To kick off this list I thought we should start off with the Adirondack Balloon Festival which is usually held during the month of September. 

We are lucky enough to live in the Capital Region during the fall season and be surrounded by beautiful landscape. So, of course, your first stop should be to go to the balloon festival whether it be with friends or family! What more could you want? It’s an event filled with people, food and colorful HOT AIR BALLOONS!

2. Next on the list would be for you to attend the region’s most popular street fest, Oktoberfest! 

This event takes place at the end of September and is hosted by Wolff’s Biergarten, who makes this fun day all about German beer. Therefore, if you enjoy a good street fest, then this is the one for you.  Oktoberfest just screams “FALL” since it’s all about drinking beer out of steins and watching hilarious Dachshund races. But, it’s a great way to embrace the fall season since its an event for people of all ages.

Gif Source

3. Now, one of everyone’s fall favorites to do once September rolls around would have to be apple picking!

I mean who doesn’t love to go pick apples and drink warm apple cider with a delicious cider donut in your hand? It’s probably one of the most popular fall activities to do in the Northeast, since it’s a great way to get family and friends together. A popular location in the Capital rRgion would be Indian Ladder Farms, which is located in Altamont, New York, only about 25 minutes outside of the city. So go ahead and grab a ton of your friends and head on over to an apple farm and enjoy a day of everything fall. 

4. LISTEN UP! If you enjoy food and classify yourself as a food junkie, then Troy’s Chowderfest is the fall even for you! 

Kicking off the month of October, Troy provides the Capital Region with a day designated to consuming delicious chowder from tons of different restaurants. You can sample any kind of chowder ranging from buffalo chicken chowder to the classic New England. Just remember to dress warm, since it takes place outside!

5. Last but certainly not least on the list would be the Field of Horrors.

Obviously, Halloween is a huge holiday that people enjoy during the fall season so, a good ole haunted house is a MUST! This attraction has been voted #1 in the Capital Region based on the fact that it combines haunted hayrides alongside your typical haunted house  Although you might go home and have nightmares after a night out at this event, it is all about enjoying a good scream to celebrate this spooky holiday. 

Gif Source 

Meghan Murray is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. She studied English during her time at Siena.