10 Ways Freshman Registration is Driving Me Crazy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

It’s that time of year. The time of year where leaves are on the ground, the cold is setting in, and people are getting ready to leave for Thanksgiving break… and one more thing; it’s registration time! It’s a crazy time for everyone, but especially for freshman. Here’s the process you’ll encounter during freshman registration that will drive you crazy:

1.         Learning how to navigate Web For Students. Where do I go? What to click? What to search for? HOW DO I DO THIS? 

2.         Making a schedule. Okay, so I have to take this, but also that, but wait they’re at the same time. What do I do? How do I configure this? 

3.         Meeting with the advisor. I talked for five minutes and then grabbed the goods; the all important PIN. Let’s hope it works. 

4.         Watch your schedule go up in flames as the seniors, juniors, and sophomores register. Most, if not all, of the classes you really wanted to take, especially at the good time slots, will close out. 

5.         Redesigning your schedule entirely. Okay, now I kind of have the hang for Web for Students. Not that it really matters when all the classes I want/need are closed out. 

6.         Picking backups. I made a new schedule, great. Now I have to pick backups in case I get closed out of them by other freshman. 

7.         Writing down all the CRNs. I’m pretty sure I never so meticulously wrote down numbers and double checked upon double checked them. 

8.         Recheck that the new classes on your schedule still have sufficient room for you to possibly get in. 

9.         Set alarms. Seriously. I cannot afford to oversleep on this all important day. 

10.   GET READY AT THE COMPUTER AND MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR. 

Good luck to all freshies during freshman registration!

Emily Radigan is a Siena College Class of 2020 alumna. During her time at Siena, she triple-majored in Political Science, Philosophy, and a self-designed interdisciplinary major in Gender and Sexuality Theory and Activism.