Why It’s Okay To Be Single On Valentine’s Day
By: Tabatha Pelletier
Ah Valentine’s Day, a time for romance, chocolates, flowers, and oversized teddy bears. Unless you are single that is, then it is just a dreaded day where you are bombarded with romantic comedies and cutesy romantic gifts on every corner. Valentine’s Day seems to be the one big holiday to make you really notice you are single. But have no fear I’m here to explain why you should be celebrating instead! So wipe away those singles tears, embrace your singleness and check out just some of the reasons why it’s okay to be single on Valentine’s Day.
- You don’t have to worry about expensive dinner reservations. No heels, no dresses so tight you can’t breathe. No need to worry about making it before they give away your table when you can have your dinner delivered. Sit back relax and enjoy some takeout of your choice!
- The night is all about you. Instead of worrying about expectations for a fancy night you can spend the whole day and night celebrating you. Focus on all the good things in your life. Go ahead and buy yourself some flowers and chocolates you deserve it!
- You don’t have to shave. I think this one is pretty self-explanatory.
- You don’t have to dip into that emergency money fund. Being single means no fancy expensive gifts for a significant other. That means more money for you and whatever you want to use it for.
- You wont get dumped on Valentine’s Day. You always hear those horror stories of people being dumped on Valentine’s Day, which is possibly the worse day have your heart broken. So you can take a breath and relax because at least it isn’t you.
- No Pressure. Sometimes Valentine’s Day can be awkward for a couple. You never really know what to get the other person. Do you buy your guy a fancy present? Will it equal the gift he is getting you? No need to worry because every gift you buy will be for yourself!
- You can spend your whole Valentine’s Day with Ryan Gosling. Who wouldn’t be jealous of that? You can curl up on the couch and watch Ryan Gosling movies all night long, or whoever your celebrity significant other may be. The Notebook on repeat sounds pretty good to me.
- Sweatpants and ice cream. Two of the best things about a single Valentine’s Day. No need to put on a nice outfit when you can stay comfortable. And don’t forget to stock up on all of the ice cream you possibly can. I hear Ryan Gosling also enjoys ice cream and he will love you in your sweatpants.
- Celebrate with your single friends. Invite some of your closest girl friends over so you can also celebrate together! Nothing beats a good old-fashioned sleepover so live it up! Binge watch your favorite movies while eating cookie dough. It definitely beats being stuck out in the cold in a cocktail dress.
Now you are ready to embrace being single and have the best Valentine’s Day you have ever had. Don’t forget to go out and get yourself some discounted candy after the night is over. After all the discounted goodies are the best parts! Whether you follow this list or not remember us singles are all in this together!