This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ship chapter.

3 Things to do this Thanksgiving Break

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. You get to reconnect with family, relax and best of all… eat! There are so many things to be thankful for this holiday season and there are a few things you need to do this Thanksgiving break!

1. Talk to you grandparents (and your parents, aunts, uncles, whoever). Put down your phone, log off Twitter and really talk to them. I promise you, they miss you and want to hear about what’s been going on in your life. Even though you hate the question “so how’s school going?” …answer it. Be there. Actually be there and connect with your family. It’s a lot more important than updating your twitter feed.
  2. Relax! Even though you technically have only 3 days to do, relax. Catch up on Netflix, catch up on sleep, and give yourself a break. But don’t forget about assignments. We all know the next week is gonna be awful. So take time for yourself, but maybe dedicate one day of break to catching up or getting ahead on some assignments.
  3. Be thankful. There is so many things in life that suck, I know. But find at least 3 things you’re thanksful for. Whether its sleep, food, your favorite song, your family or literally anything. Give some thanks!
I'm Nicole! Nikki, Nic, anything you want to call me really. I'm from south-eastern Pennsylvania and I love life and beauty. Whenever I'm not writing or taking pictures for my blogs or social media accounts, you can find me (hopefully) at the beach surfing, traveling, making new friends and seeing new places. I'm in love with people I've never met and places I've never been to. I am currently a Senior (!!!) at Shippensburg University, majoring in Communications Journalism (focusing in Public Relations) and minoring in Psychology. I would love to work for a PR firm with advertising, event planning and perhaps a chance to travel. Thanks for reading!! - Nicole