This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

When the semester starts, it’s the beginning of new classes, new experiences and finding innovative ways to make time for yourself. Well, most times, randomly having some alone time can cause you to forget to study, study too much or not go to class…. the list could go on.  

Tip 1: Schedule it!

Student’s usually freak out in the beginning of the semester because the amount of class work catches them off guard. Most tend to have this absolutely shake them, causing high-levels of anxiety. An effective way to fix this is to plan it in advance. Sit down, look at your schedule and see what times you have when you’re not in class. Schedule a good hour or  two just for studying, and plan at least an hour or more for time for yourself. When you plan a set amount of hours, or day(s) to have this time to just relax. My personal tip to y’all: During this set time you plan, make sure to do the homework or assignments that stress you out the less. Doing so helps your psyche and puts less strain on you.

Tip 2: Spend time with friends to chill.

Your friends know you best, and can probably tell when you’re stressed out, so hang out with them, and have fun! School is important, but so is your mental psyche. Hanging out with friends help you relax, and chill out.

Tip 3: Treat yourself.

After a long day of school (or work) take some time to yourself and watch TV, read a book, take a nap. Go on social media for a while, and just relax. School is demanding, and you need time to just chill for a bit. Doing this will decrease stress levels, and just feel nice.

Tip 4: When studying, take 20-minute breaks.

This small break in studying can help your brain take a breather, and not work so hard. The tiny time frame for that break is needed. Like they say in the hit American Musical, Hamilton: Just take a break and get away.   

That’s all to be offered today. While there wasn’t a lot to touch on, tip wise, I do hope these make some contribution in your life. Just remember to take things one day at a time, and to chill out every once and a while.  

Bri Bell was a writer for SFASU Her Campus. She graduated with a Bachelor's in Art cica 2019! She is an artistic woman with a passion for FIlm/Cinematogrpahy, as well as writing. Bri Bell tends to write about things she is passionate about whether that be about music, literature, politics, or even random anime recommendations. She is fairly easy going about what she writes, and attempts to stray away from any topics that could have any/all triggers.
Brianna is a Psychology major with a minor in Human Development and Family Studies here at SFA. She is passionate about people and that's how she landed a spot as CC for Her Campus' chapter at SFA! She enjoys hanging out with her cats, getting tattoos, and doing research. Her passion is to help the LGBTQ+ community by focusing on LGBTQ+ health and therapy in the future.