This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Photo by LaShauna Bell

As broke college students, we can’t always afford expensive makeup brands. What if I told you that there was a website that sold everything from foundation to purses for $1? That’s right…$1. 100 pennies. 10 dimes!

I first heard about MISSA while watching a YouTube makeup tutorial. I was a little suspicious at first. I mean, come on…how good is the quality if it only costs one dollar?! After doing some research on the site and watching numerous MISSA hauls, I realized it was a legitimate, safe online store.

The site has EVERYTHING! They sell highlighters, concealers, foundation, lashes, nail polish, brushes, makeup bags, purses, hairbrushes, underwear…anything you could possibly want FOR ONLY A DOLLAR.

I recently made my first purchase and was very pleased when it arrived only a week after I placed my order! I expected some items to come broken (remember everything’s only $1), but the employees painstakingly wrap each individual item. I purchased several highlighters and eyeshadows, and they were very pigmented. I also bought a set of brushes. The set cost $10, but it came with 12 brushes! I was surprised by the quality as they were all very soft.

I am very pleased with my first order from MISSA and will be ordering more from them soon. I understand the college struggle, so if you’re looking for inexpensive but good quality makeup, MISSA is your go to site. Who said you can’t slay on a budget?!

Brittany Malone is a senior at Stephen F. Austin State University where she is majoring in Psychology and is on a pre-med track. In her free time, Brittany enjoys reading books, writing stories, and obsessing over Treasure Planet.