My Panic! At The Disco Concert Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Just about last September, tickets for Panic! at the Disco’s Death of Bachelor tour went on sale, and I had the wonderful idea of purchasing tickets for my two younger sisters’ birthdays, both of whom are fanatics for the handsome and stunning Brendon Urie. So I guess you could say that I am truly the best big sister in the world, at least in their eyes for taking them to the concert of their dreams.

The crowd in Austin, Texas did not disappoint; thousands flocked to the Frank Erwin Center in their band t-shirts to witness greatness. Saint Motel and Misterwives were excellent openers; they brought out a live, upbeat show that only increased the anticipation for Panic! I missed majority of Saint Motel to wait in the obnoxiously long merchandise line with my sisters, but I made it back in time to watch a colorful and spunky performance from Mandy Lee and the rest of her excellent band.

P!ATD opened with “Don’t Threaten Me with a Good Time” to get the party started, and the crowd went absolutely nuts as we all belted out every last word to this song. The combination of music, light show and fire elements made for an incredibly electric performance. After performing several songs from the most recent album, Brendon Urie disappeared off stage only to appear after an intense pre-recorded video in the back of the pit to perform “This is Gospel” on the piano. The song was magical with the solo instrumental work and silver streamers that fell around the small stage where he sat. My favorite song, “Death of a Bachelor” came next as he walked through the pit back to the stage. On his walk back, several fans were fortunate enough to hug or come into close contact with the lead singer.

Several songs later, “Girls/Girls/Boys” a song that supports the LGBTQ and encourages love for all, played and lit up the whole arena with different colored lights. Each section had a colored heart, red through purple that was lit up by phone lights; this was an incredible scene that was created by some devoted fans to encourage equality for all. Next, Panic! did a cover of the famous “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen.

After the cover, he took it back to the first song that got the band its start in the music business “I Write Sins Not Tragedies.” Ultimately, the concert was concluded with “Victorious,” streamers, confetti, and the adoration of thousands of fans. The night was incredible, and it provided a memory that I will share with my sisters and friends for a lifetime. I would recommend this concert to anyone even if you’re not a fan, because it’s filled with positivity, love, and connection through the art of music.  

Brittny is a Graduate Student of Stephen F. Austin, with a passion for the sciences and medicine. You can't have a million dollar dream with a minimum-wage work ethic.
Greetings, earthlings. My name is Natalie and I am a lover of all things non-routine. A senior Radio/TV Broadcasting major at SFA, I enjoy running races, Netflix & Hulu binging, and traveling on short weekend getaways that I convince myself I can afford. I serve as Her Campus SFA's Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief.