Endgame: A New Cinematic Master Piece

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

WARNING: DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED, CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS!

So, for the past ten years, I have watched every single Marvel movie possible and now seeing how they are all connected just shocks me. These movies have been a big part of my family’s movie night or any night. Stan Lee and The Russo Brothers have never disappointed me when it came to these films because they had everything I needed for a good movie, now it’s all tied up together in a bow with Endgame.

Firstly, before watching Endgame, I recommend watching ALL Marvel movies in order to understand, the order is stated below.

Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Gradians of the Galaxy, Gradians of the Galaxy 2, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity Wars, Ant-Man and Wasp and finally, AVENGERS: ENDGAME.

When going to go see Endgame, make sure to bring 3 things; tissues, tissues, and MORE TISSUES. This movie starts already with a major heartbreak for everyone but especially the Barton family. In the previous Avengers movie, we see Thanos completing his mission by collecting all 6 infinity stones and wiping out a large portion of the population. Clint, or aka Hawkeye, starts the movie at home with his beautiful family, only for them to disappear a second later.

This major heartbreak helps set the tone for what everyone is going through, especially for our one and only Tony Stark, or aka Iron Man. If you remember, Tony, Spiderman, Doctor Strange, and the Guardians were on Titian fighting Thanos, sadly it doesn’t end well. Tony and Nebula were the only ones left. They’re stuck in space, and, before the scene changes, we see Tony speaking into his helmet speaking saying they only have oxygen left for one day. Thanks to the badass, beautiful and strong Captain Marvel saves them and returns them home.

Now, I won’t ruin everything for people, but I will say Thanos gets what he deserves. Sadly, the Avengers that are left didn’t get to reverse what he did since Thanos destroyed the stones, which made a very pissed off Thor very pissed off and you can guess what happens next.

Photo borrowed from google images. 

Now, without mentioning how, the remaining Avengers do find a way to get the stones in the present with everyone except two of our favorite heroes – who die due to recovering the Soul Stone. I will say the way they do it involves time travel which unfortunately brings back big bad Thanos but don’t worry he still gets what he deserves. The big fight scene leaves everyone in awe but also on the edge of their seats hoping that Thanos and his army just leave or die. In the end, our favorite genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist saves the day and everyone, but sacrificing himself in the end and, leaving Pepper to raise their daughter by herself.

This movie *scratch that* these movies have left everyone in shock and in tears because of this family who has done everything for the greater good of the universe. I can say leaving the theater I was angry, shocked, upset and all right pissed but I understand why the Russo Brothers directed the way they did. This movie has really changed the Marvel fandom completely, but it doesn’t mean it’s the end. Marvel apparently is coming out with 12 new movies; a few set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe including a Black Widow movie and Black Panther 2 and others in the X-Men universe but either way Marvel is not stopping their adventure.

Hello Everyone! My name is Laura Restrepo and I go to SFA. I plan to major in psychology so I can use my degree to help others and make this world a better place. I am a writer for Her Campus. I love to read anything and everything whether its books, magazines, blogs, fan-fiction, journals, etc. I enjoy all types of music; I am open to anything. I am also a huge nerd for Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series. In conclusion, the perfect day for me consists of these things with coffee and cold weather.