5 Things That You Have to Do Before The 31st

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Halloween is next Thursday, which means there’s only a few days left for fall festivities. Autumn leaves and cold weather calls for hot chocolate and scary movies to get in the spooky mood. A regular tradition for Halloween as kids was to go trick or treating but since we aren’t kids anymore and we are in college how can we keep our spirit alive and still make it feel like the same holiday we know and love. I’ve come up with 5 things I love to do around Halloween that I hope you will enjoy too!

1. The classic Jack- o- Lantern

I don’t know about you, but I love carving pumpkins. Whether you like free handing your own design or using the pages out of the carving kit books this is always a go to activity. And if carving isn’t really your thing you can always paint, spray paint, or just dump a whole thing of glitter on a pumpkin and call it a day!

1. Pumpkin Seeds

So, if you haven’t tried making your own pumpkin seeds from your carved pumpkins before then you’re really missing out, they’re so good and easy to make. All you do is rinse the pumpkin guts from the seeds and put salt and butter on them and toast them in the oven for 45 minutes! I like to use cinnamon and sugar too for sweet pumpkin seeds

1. Scary Movies

A scary movie night is a great way to celebrate Halloween with your friends. My friends and I love watching a new scary movie we haven’t seen or an old classic especially on rainy October days! Some of our favorites are the Insidious movies and the Sinister movies

1. Going to a Pumpkin Patch

The pumpkin patch to go to in Nacogdoches is at Christ Episcopal Church on the corner of Starr and Mound Street. I went there last week and they have hundreds of pumpkins of all different sizes! LaShauna Bell, photographer for HerCampus, went to the pumpkin patch and took some beautiful photos of what they have to offer!

1. Haunted House

If you’re going out of town for Halloween you should see if where you’re going has a haunted house! Or if you’re staying in Nacogdoches, Jaycee’s Haunted House will be open October 25th,26th,31st and November 1st and 2nd if you’re looking for a scare! Doors open at 7pm!

Photo By LaShauna Bell

My name is Arkadyia Mills, I’m 21 years old and I am a junior majoring in Rehabilitation Services with a minor in Addiction Studies! I’m new to HerCampus this year and I’m so excited! I have a 6 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback mix named Max and I’m originally from Galveston,Texas!
Hello Everyone! My name is Laura Restrepo and I go to SFA. I plan to major in psychology so I can use my degree to help others and make this world a better place. I am a writer for Her Campus. I love to read anything and everything whether its books, magazines, blogs, fan-fiction, journals, etc. I enjoy all types of music; I am open to anything. I am also a huge nerd for Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series. In conclusion, the perfect day for me consists of these things with coffee and cold weather.