5 Costumes Guaranteed to Slay Your Next Halloween Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Halloween is fast-approaching, and with midterms also falling in the same weeks, the struggle to find the time to think about what to be for Halloween is real. Are you going to be something frightful or something a little more delightful? There are so many good options, but these five costume ideas will surely impact any party you attend.

1. Harambe

Although his death was a tragedy, you can bring life to the party by dressing up as the late, great gorilla from the Cincinnati Zoo. After his wrongful death back in May of this year, Harambe became a national sensation. People have literally protested over the death of this majestic beast. And rightfully so. With a Harambe costume, you can be the sensation of any party.

2. Harley Quinn

As it turns out, Suicide Squad was a complete dud. The top critics at Rotten Tomatos gave it a measly 19 percent. The best thing about this movie was Margot Robbie’s portrayal of the Joker’s top accomplice and lover, Harley Quinn. If the party you’re attending has the possibility of being a 19 percent, you might be able to save it with a Harley Quinn costume.

3. The Killer from Scream

2016 marks the 20th anniversary of the cult classic horror movie, Scream. The masked killer from the movie is a popular Halloween costume every year, but it will hold a deeper, more significant meaning this year.  

4. The Bear from The Revenant

Despite Leonardo DiCaprio finally winning his first Oscar ever for best actor and the movie, as a whole, being nominated for best motion picture, the bear in The Revenant was the most talked about thing from the movie. There were so many questions about it: Did it look real enough? Was the bear raping Leo? We may never know.

5. Ken Bone

If you’re as undecided as Ken Bone, then why not become Ken Bone? He stole the hearts of many Americans during Presidential Debate 2 with his red sweater, glasses, mustache and genuine concern with the future of the country. Going into the debate, the entire buzz was on the two candidates. Coming out, Ken Bone was all anyone could talk about. Be the Bone. The Ken Bone.

Hey, my name is Tyler Johnson and I'm a senior at Stephen F. Austin State University. I'm a staff writer for Her Campus SFA. I like to write and run, but not at the same time.
Hi! My name is Andréa Tinoco. I am a senior at SFA, majoring in journalism and minoring in general business. My position at Her Campus SFA is the Campus Correspondent as well as Editor In Chief. My passions include writing, reading, running and yoga.