This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

When exactly did messy hair become the hardest look to achieve? Why is it that girls and guys alike spend ages trying to perfect the “I don’t try too hard look”? I really have no idea. All I know is that I, also, would like to have the perfect beachy waves.  I may or may not have spent way too much money in the past trying to get this look. 

I have fairly uncooperative hair.  When it looks good, I feel great, however, it takes a ton of effort (and time) to get it that way.  I recently made a huge breakthrough in saving time on my hair before going out.  TRESemme recently came out with a new line of products called Perfectly (un)Done, which help you achieve the “I look great and didn’t have to try look” with a lot less effort than other products that make the same promises.  I got to sample two of these products, the sea salt spray and the sea foam, which is a mousse.  I liked both products a lot, and would highly recommend them to just about anyone.

I use the products in a couple different ways depending on my situation.

1.     If I have an early class early the next morning…

I shower at night, apply just a little of the sea foam, then braid my hair and go to sleep.  The next day, my hair is wavy but flat, which is when the spray saves my life.  Dousing your hair with the spray and scrunching it up in your hands gives it an intentionally messy look, which is totally class appropriate and it takes like ten seconds in the morning. 

2.     If I’m going out, but don’t have a lot of time…

Break out the curling iron for this one.  Curl your hair in large sections (I have thick, long hair and I do about six sections) and give them time to cool a little.  Flip your hair upside down and spray the sea salt spray starting at the base of your neck and down to the ends of your hair. Careful not to spray too much, just a light spritz is good.  The tousle your hair with your hands and scrunch it where it’s closest to your scalp to create volume.  Flip your hair back up, smooth down any flyaways and you can be on your way with lighly curled hair with fabulous volume. This only takes about five to ten minutes.

3.     If I have plenty of time to get ready…

This method is very similar to the last one, but if you have time, definitely try curling your hair in smaller sections.  This look is great because it doesn’t look bad even after you’ve been out for a while, because we all know that parties are hard on styled hair.  Curl your hair in smaller sections, depending on your hair and how much time you have.  I usually do about fifteen or twenty.  After you’ve finished curling, let your hair cool completely then flip over and spray your hair all over. Again, not using too much product to avoid greasy hair later on.  Scrunch your hair in your hands and run your fingers through it to loosen the curls and add volume.  When you’re done, you’ll have the perfect look for a day at the beach or a night on the town, and it only takes twenty to thirty minutes. 

Good luck to you all as we head towards the end of the semester.  No matter what, at least we’ll look good!

Carley Roe

Sewanee '18

Carley is currently a senior.  She is a psych major with an education minor, because she really likes kids and talking about her feelings.  Carley is from Columbus, Ohio and relocated to the south for the "better weather".  She loves dogs, horses, nail polish, dresses, and bows. In her free time she enjoys texting her mom, horseback riding, reading, and netflix.  Her dislikes include jogging, being cold, and eels.  Learn more about her here!