Product Review: Milani Liquid Eyeliner

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Liquid Eyeliner is hard.  Seriously, I consider myself fairly good at applying makeup and I really struggle with liquid eyeliner.  For the most part, I stick with gel and pencil liners; which I think are a little easier to manage.  Recently, I was given a couple samples of Milani UltraFine Liquid Eye Liner and I have to say I was impressed.

It took some practice, but this liner is a really good way to start out with liquid liner if you don’t usually use it.  The applicator design allows for good control so that your liner goes on even.  If you have a steadier hand than I do, this would be an ideal product to do fancy designs like this one

I’m not really talented enough for that kind of thing, but if I were, I’d use this to do it.  Milani’s liner dries fast so that it doesn’t smear.  No one want’s smeary eyeliner.  It’s also waterproof.  My experience with this liner taught me that unless you tattoo your liner onto your eyes, you won’t find a longer lasting product. 

I got three different colors of this: Black Gems, Emerald Glisten, and Prismatic Purple.  All of these had a faint shine to them, but they weren’t obnoxious.  My favorite was the emerald, which was dark enough that it wasn’t shouting “I’M WEARING GREEN EYELINER” but more of a subtle suggestion of color.  I liked the black one, but the fact that it had a little shine made it always look wet, which I didn’t really love for everyday but it might look good for going out at night.    The purple was just a little too bright for my taste, but I’m pretty pale. It would look a lot better on someone with a darker skin tone. 

There are a couple more things that I really love about this product.  The first is the brand.  Milani products are reasonably priced and the website is really fun.  They have videos on how to use various products, and some really cool inspiration pages, like this one for The Social Butterfly look, which is really fun.  The second thing that I loved is that this liner is vegan and good for sensitive skin. 

Next time you’re looking to have totally on point eyeliner, check out Milani’s UltraFine Eyeliner!

Carley Roe

Sewanee '18

Carley is currently a senior.  She is a psych major with an education minor, because she really likes kids and talking about her feelings.  Carley is from Columbus, Ohio and relocated to the south for the "better weather".  She loves dogs, horses, nail polish, dresses, and bows. In her free time she enjoys texting her mom, horseback riding, reading, and netflix.  Her dislikes include jogging, being cold, and eels.  Learn more about her here!