alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Happy Wednesday, wonderful readers! This week’s Links We Love includes an inventive new blog, a relaxing website, some social commentary articles, etc. Check back next Wednesday for more!

Why Aerie’s Unretouched Lingerie Photos Are So Important via Refinery 29

This article highlights the efforts of American Eagle’s lingerie/loungewear brand, Aerie, to make a positive statement about women’s bodies. Their latest ad campaign features unretoughed images of a group of diversely shaped women looking natural and lovely. This advertisement drastically opposes the norm of the media and is a giant step in the right direction. Remember ladies, the women you see in magazines are retouched, not real. Love yourself and your body!

Dinner Party via Tumblr

Dinner Party is a blog described as having “Southern roots,” but is based out of Brooklyn, NY. While the main focus of the blog is fashion, art, and feminism, fun gifs are sprinkled throughout. The clean and fresh web design allows the content to take center stage. Run by Sewanee grad, Pamela Guerra C’13!

Calm

With the first few weeks of Easter semester upon us, sometimes you just need to light some incense, sit in half-lotus (or lay in bed!), and meditate. Calm.com offers guided meditations, beautiful music, and tranquil backgrounds that work together to alleviate all of your anxieties. Check it out!

(Afterwards, you’ll be as relaxed as this little bundle of cute.)

What caused a 10-year winter starting in 536? via io9

For my Game of Thrones enthusiasts out there, the idea of years and years of one season seems like nothing other than fiction. However, recent discoveries have shown that in the year 536, parts of the world experienced a winter even George R. R. Martin would want to end. 

Proof That Emma Thompson Is An Older Version of Jennifer Lawrence via Buzzfeed

Jennifer Lawrence. Emma Thompson. What more of an explanation do you need?

Russian Mother Takes Magical Pictures of Her Two Kids With Animals on Her Farm via Bored Panda

These pictures are beyond beautiful. Take a moment to browse through these works of art and wish you lived in a place as magical as Russia… and then change your mind because, you know, bears.

7 Moments That Made ‘Frozen’ the Most Progressive Disney Movie Ever via PolicyMic

The newest Disney movie has gotten a lot of attention for its affecting score, multi-dimensional characters, and vibrant animation (as is typical of the studio), but has anyone stopped to appreciate the small facets of the story that make a large statement for both personal and social issues? PolicyMic has, and the evidence is heartwarming, to say the least.

Madison is a sophomore from Chattanooga, Tennessee. She enjoys Christmas in July, things that sparkle, gender equality and LGBT activism, meditating, video games, and sushi. She is majoring in both English and Anthropology and hopes to become a journalist or researcher in Linguistic Anthropology.