This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

For you DIY drink gals and guys out there, I’ve got some easy recipes for you this holiday season. Give these a try, then sit back, turn on netflix and enjoy! :)

Hot Chocolate

This is one of my favorite winter drinks. Whether you use cocoa powder or swiss miss, you can’t make it wrong. If you want your drink to be even more rich, add in a piece of chocolate! I love stirring the drink with a peppermint candy cane to add in some minty flavor. Don’t forget the marshmallows!

Hot Apple Cider

Even though it feels like fall is already over, you can still enjoy the apple flavor to remind you of those crisp fall days. Just heat up some apple cider and add some cinnamon and apple slices to zest it up!

Tea

Such a classic drink that warms the soul and is good for your health too! Chai or black, tea is always a good choice, especially if you get sick of all the sugary drinks. Doctors even recommend tea to help relieve symptoms associated with sickness. Yogi makes some great tea options including Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life, which is forulated to help provide energy for an active lifestyle and Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy, which helps build positive energy. Both are made with Ginseng and herbs which can help boost your immune system!) Plus each tea bag has an inspirational quote on the tag. So cute!

Eggnog

This is definitely a classic holiday season drink for many, but personally I have not ever made this. For those of you who do though, it is so easy to make with just a few simple ingredients and can be enjoyed from your dorm room!

Peppermint White Hot Chocolate

You’ll definitely want to try this! This recipe is created using milk and chocolate chips. All you have to do is heat 2 cups of milk in a saucepan over heat, once it’s warm, stir in ⅓ cup of white chocolate chips. Once it’s all melted, stir in your desired amount vanilla and peppermint extract for the added flavor. And you’re done! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Mocha Iced Coffee

Us New Englanders love iced drinks even when the weather is colder than the iced coffee we just bought. This mocha iced coffee recipe will hit the spot. All you need is 2 cups of brewed coffee of your choice, ½ up of milk, 1/4 cup of chocolate syrup, and 3 scoops of chocolate chip ice cream. Add in 2 cups of ice together and blend blend blend. That’s it!

Wine

And lastly, who says you can’t treat yourself during the holiday season? Moscato is my all time favorite. And it’s so perfectly sweet for the holidays too.

Happy Holidays!

SaveSave

Displaced New Englander who loves the outdoors, sweet tea, sunsets, dogs and the beach.