Chokers: Always Acceptable

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Admit it, when you think of chokers, you may remember the iconic early 2000s plastic ones: 

But chokers have always been around – after all, Remember Cinderella’s statement necklace? If her fairy godmother felt it was elegant enough to wear to a ball, clearly we can either dress up a choker or dress it down depending on our outfit of choice! The great thing about chokers is that you can wear them with any kind of neckline, and they stay in place. 

Believe it or not, people still like to rock them! check out some of my favorite current styles! 

No matter what style of choker you may choose, always remember to rock it with confidence :) if you wanna join in on the trend now, check out these cute necklaces from Urban Outfitters! 

SaveSave

Madi is a Senior from Asheville, North Carolina. She has written for the Sewanee chapter of Her Campus since it was founded her Freshman year, and hopes to continue writing after graduation either as a journalist or through work in Public Relations. She loves laughing and hearing people's life stories!