Campus Cutie: Luis Tinoco C’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

This week’s campus cutie is Luis Tinoco. He’s cute; he’s charming; he’s even got brains. Whether he’s fighting fires or in his second home, Spencer Hall, he’s definitely one of Sewanee’s best!

Name: Luis R. Tinoco

Nicknames: Ding Ding, Lulu

Birthday: June 30th, 1993

Class: Senior, class of 2015

Hometown: I was born in Mexico, but I have lived in Waukegan, IL since I was 12

Major: Biochemistry

Relationship status: In a relationship with the most beautiful and amazing woman, Avery Kelly. Sorry ladies, he’s taken.

Extracurricular Activities: I’m a firefighter for Monteagle and Head Proctor for Second Year Programs. I love weight lifting and straight chilling with my boys (Shout out to st. lukes suite 205)

Best Class You’ve taken at Sewanee: Organic Chemistry. Sidenote: Luis is now the TA for the Dr. Pongdee’s Organic Chemistry class, and as a student in this class I have to say I could not get through it without him! 

Signature Pub Order: Egg and cheese wrap with lots of hot sauce

Signature Dance Move: Any Spanish music dance moves really. I really love to Salsa.

Spirit Animal: Tiger

Describe your sex life in a Movie Title: Coming to America

What is on your Sewanee bucket list? Hike the Perimeter Trail 

I am a junior chemistry major. I am a proctor in Smith, and a member of Theta Pi. I am from Cleveland, Ohio and very proud of it. I enjoy knitting, food (cooking and eating), and being a spectator of dancing at parties. I hope to head back home after graduation and hopefully attend medical school.