Campus Cutie: Benita Uruhisho C’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Name: Benita Uruhisho

Nicknames: Beni, Benites 

Birthday: May 8th

Class: Sophomore 

Greek Organization: GDI ;)

Hometown: Kigali, Rwanda

Major: International Global Studies 

Relationship Status: In a Relationship

Best Class You’ve taken at Sewanee: Women’s and Gender Studies 

Signature Pub Order: Hot chocolate and a Grilled Cheese 

Signature Dance Move: Hmm…moving my head sideways 

Go-to McClurg Line: Home Line 

Most Attractive Quality in a Guy: Loyalty and Humor

Biggest Pet Peeve: People who chew food too loud.

Describe your sex life in a Movie or TV Title: Lost (Go figure! lol)

What is the most embarrassing song on your iTunes? Barbie girl, yeah, I should probably go delete that now! 

You’re from Rwanda. What was it like moving to the states? Was there any thing that particularly surprised you?
Moving to the US was pretty exciting.  I stayed in New York for the first few weeks until I had to start moving through other states, and then I got to see the imperfect sides of America that I had never imagined that would exist, like the homeless. Also, seeing obese people was a big shocker. I had never seen super big people in my life before.

Describe your ideal Sewanee day.
My ideal Sewanee day would be a Saturday afternoon when the weather is about 70 degrees (not too hot or cold) and, of course, a day when I’m not loaded with a lot of homework so I can get to spend the day outdoor enjoying the beauty of our campus.

Alli Smith is a sophomore from Charlotte, NC. She's majoring in English, with minors in Education and Women's and Gender Studies. She's an avid procrastinator who loves anything on TLC. She's particularly interested in female empowerment and positive sexuality.