10 Thoughts an English Major Has

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.
Truth is, being an English Major involves a different kind of mindset. Whether you are praising the lack of tests you have to worry about or worrying about those 3 papers that are due in less than 24 hours, your thought process concerning day-to-day life can be pretty comical. But no matter how many people say your degree will be worthless in the real world, you know that they are wrong and that you love being an English Major! 

1. When should I start reading this book?

2. Could I get away with not reading it?

3. Would watching the movie suffice?

4. I can’t believe I don’t remember how to spell that word. I guess I’m looking it up on Google!

5. When will I be able to read for pleasure?

6. I swear my back is gonna break from this backpack.

7. Midnight before paper is due: I guess I should start now.

8. Stop asking me what I wanna do for a job… and no, it doesn’t have to include being a teacher or a writer!

9. Looks like there’s not enough time to edit this paper.

10. Does writing drunk and editing sober really work?

Madi is a Senior from Asheville, North Carolina. She has written for the Sewanee chapter of Her Campus since it was founded her Freshman year, and hopes to continue writing after graduation either as a journalist or through work in Public Relations. She loves laughing and hearing people's life stories!