V-Day Trends: Galentines and Date Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

I have nothing to wear!! Trust me. We’ve all been there. Especially when it happens to be that one day of the year when we want to let our S.O. know how lucky they are and impress them more than usual. And don’t forget about your girlfriends! Let them know who pulls off the new look the best, especially if you plan to celebrate Galentines! 

We’ve fallen in love with quite a few looks for this year’s special holiday!

The latest color trend: neutrals. ‘

Tacky neon pinks are a NO this Valentine’s Day.

Hot pink? Absolutely not. We’re not going for the 2001 Paris Hilton/Juicy Couture jumpsuit look. Instead, try a muted or blush pink. It’s subtle and let’s be real, it fits in with the new neutrals fad! Whether you choose to dress up in a pale pink colored dress or go for a more casual look in a cream colored sweater, you’ll be sure to impress whoever you spend your night with.

The most popular and classic look of all: denim. 

Denim can be worn thousands of different ways, not just in a casual manner. If you happen to be dressing up, wear a denim tunic dress! Couple it with tan little booties and gold jewelry. You’ll be set for the night! Dressing down for the night? Dark wash jeans. Dark wash jeans can be dressed up with ANY sweater, shirt, boots, booties, heels, or even flats!

Remember that no matter what you wear, Valentine’s Day is always spent with people who love you for how you always are. Don’t try too hard to impress your girlfriends or your S.O. If you end up wearing the same black leggings as usual and your go-to oversized sweater, don’t sweat it!

Whatever you end up wearing this V Day, wear it with confidence and own it!

Hello all, my name is Courtney Jenney and I am one of the writers for the Seton Hall Her Campus. I am a Journalism and Public Relations major studying as a full time student at Seton Hall University. I consider myself a lover of all things beautiful; fashion, well-being, beauty, health, art, travel, and music. I was born and raised on Cape Cod in Massachusetts; home to beautiful beach views and royal history. My home is an hour south of Boston; which is why I have a love for all of the New England/Boston sports teams. As passionate for writing as I am, I am striving to entertain others with my writing and provide lively topics for other students around campus! Cheers to the future! XO