This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Staying near or travelling far, with every arrival you make this spring you will appear as if you are stepping off a plane. Down under or straight away to the Caribbean, pick up that (virgin) margarita and don’t forget the teeny tiny umbrella; we’re going tropical this spring.

The prints, the cuts, the colors: they scream “glam getaway!”

First, let’s talk color. We can go girly and flirty with white, or bold and vivacious with just about every color of the rainbow in one garment.

White lace or muted floral embroidery allow for a very soft, delicate look. And although the volume is turned all the way down, these patterns whisper romance: perfectly fitted to your style and the perfect fit for the first date night of spring. Turning up the dial and turning heads, no doubt, island flower prints in bright hues are the perfect outlet for your outgoing personality. If that’s not you, don’t fret, this outfit will allow you to find comfort in your bashful demeanor while speaking to the world in code of style.

Before we proceed, erase that image of a tacky Hawaiian shirt from your mind and think Beyoncé in her white floral gown at the Grammys circa 2014 and we’re set for smooth sailing.

All aboard the ship of garment styles.

This season two-piece sets are hot, hot, hot! Of course the mini skirt with the crop top has made a return, but swap out the frilly fun for a pair of shorts and you’ve got a look with a whole new edge.

But wait, there’s more!

Extend those shorts to the ankle and complete it with a cinch, and in the meantime shimmy that crop top up a bit to be a full-coverage bandeau: outfit complete. Speaking of pants, the wide-legged capri, fitted at the waist and flared just below the knee, is making the cut for mannequins all over. 

Even some dresses are crossing the lines into two-legged territory. The love child of the maxi dress and romper is sure to keep you looking elegant, but feeling comfy this spring. From the back it looks like it is all gown, but in the front the gown material splits to make way for shorts! And the maxi dresses this season are less clingy and safe, and more daring. Goddess-like in a sheer dress with a solid mini underneath or full-fledged flow with a gown, both are an excuse to wear cute heels and are tailored to this season.

Moving toward the denim racks, it’s all about scoring the perfect length. The skinny jean has been crafted to meet the ankle without any bunches or need to cuff the pant. Throw on a pastel pair of kitten heels and a matching pastel sweater and you have a fabulous casual look.

Stepping foot on tropical terrain or the campus green, it’s all about bright and light this spring. Spring ahead or fall behind, dare to wear these fresh styles and you’ll be sure to make it on the tropicAl list.

Shoeaholic. Shopaholic. Glitteraholic. Super passionate and forever dreaming, Seton Hall University junior Michelle Foti is an aspiring arts and entertainment reporter. Michelle is the Pirate Life Editor of "The Setonian" and the creator and host of SHUdent Style Watch. Michelle is a team member of the online fashion blog Colabination.com and publishes her own blog, missuniversityxo.com. Michelle struts (in fabulous shoes of course!) to the beat of never settling and always preaches: life is a fashion show, make your designer proud. XO                                                                                                                                                                                    
Rebecca Gramuglia is a senior Public Relations major with a minor in Graphic Design at Seton Hall University. As the Campus Correspondent for the Seton Hall Her Campus chapter, Rebecca enjoys writing all types of pieces from features to relatable blog posts. In addition to being the HC Campus Correspondent, she is involved with her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, and is the President of the Public Relations Student Society of America. When she's not glued to her MacBook, you can find Rebecca obsessing over clothes and watching Clueless.