I’m In a Relationship and Don’t Love Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

That might come as a shock to some, but it’s true. Most people who hate Valentine’s Day are categorized as jealous single people because they don’t have that special someone to share the day with. But here’s why as a college girl in a relationship, I could care less.

1. Valentine’s Day costs money.  

Can someone say, “college student?”  Besides, we just got each other gifts for the holidays.

2. I don’t need a day to show people that I care about them.

If you’re in a relationship, I would hope you take the time to show your significant other on a regular basis that they matter to you. It’s nice to feel wanted, and you should provide that feeling to them (and vice versa). It shouldn’t only be once a year that you take the time to do that.

3. I don’t need a day to show people that I care about them.

Public relations major, bussiness admin and web design minor, knowledge lover, ring wearer, water drinker, Jersey raised.  Can be found upside down on a yoga mat, walking my dog, snapping photos, or laughing with friends. XO, namaste!