This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

If you are anything like me, you suffer from dry skin, oil never makes an appearance, and winter is the absolute worst. Skin dryness happens when skin cannot retain moisture. In the winter months, the air around has less moisture leading to dry skin. Dry skin can give worn out appearances and the secret to looking #flawless with makeup is making sure the skin underneath is just as healthy. 

A facemask I swear by is a Coconut and Honey Mask. Coconut oil works wonders for the body. The saturated fats nourish and moisturize your skin without making you feel oily or greasy. Honey has strong anti-bacterial properties that lock in moistures and fight acne blemishes.

Things you need:

• Virgin Coconut Oil
    • 2 Table spoons
  • Raw Honey
    • ¼ cup
  • Lavender oil (reduces inflammation and fights acne)
    • 2 or 3 drops

Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk away (or just use a hand blender). Once the mask has a whipped consistency, apply to your face (make sure your hands are clean!). Keep the mask on for 15 to 20 minutes, then wash off with warm water and pat dry.

Make sure to apply moisturizer after you wash off the mask to add an extra layer of moisture.

This mask is good enough to apply twice a week and believe me your skin will say thank you.

I'm a Junior at Seton Hall University. I'm a Graphic Design and Advertising Major and have always had a passion for writing. My other passions include Reality TV, specifically the Bachelor, and I spend my time listening to all types of music. I have a love for Beyonce that cannot be replicated, and I am not afraid to show it. 
Hi! My name is Kiah Conway and I'm a double major in Journalism and Creative Writing here at Seton Hall. I am one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus, as well as a Chapter Advisor for some HC Chapters. If it wasn't already obvious, I am really passionate about writing. I'm also a serious Netflix addict and book lover. In between binge watching Marvel movies and doing homework, I spend my time hardcore Pinteresting and writing short stories.