Campus Cuties: Garrett Almeida and Fernanda Duarte

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Meet our campus cuties this week Garrett Almeida and Fernanda Duarte! Not only are they involved with a variety of activities around campus, but make time to see each other and have an exciting relationship!

Hometowns:

GA: Montvale, NJ

FD: Cancun, Mexico

Majors:

GA: Biology and Philosophy

FD: Physics

Campus Activities:

GA: Resident Assistant in Xavier, Brother of Alpha Sigma Phi, Researcher in Microbiology lab

FD: Peer Adviser coordinator, President of the Society of Physics Students, Research fellow in the lab of solar cell fabrication and characterization, Electronics lab TA, and a member of choir

Together since: January 26th 2014

HC: How did you guys meet?

GA:  Fernanda and I met in a book store, specifically at Barnes and Noble.  When I noticed her, she was reading a book in front of a shelf.  This memory is so vivid, I even remember the exact book she was reading, “50 Shades of Grey”.  Not only did I notice that she was beautiful but also appreciated her intellectual hobbies.

FD: We had a mutual friend and the first week of my freshmen year she told me to go to the cove to introduce me to some of her friends. Garrett was there along with other people, but he barely even looked at me and I thought he was one of the most hostile people I had ever met. Lol I guess I was wrong.

HC: How did you become official?

GA: I definitely made this more complicated and cliché than it really had to be.  I should’ve just simply asked her to be my girlfriend in a normal way and this decision still haunts me to this day.  I’m sure Fernanda’s account has a very vivid depiction of how this happened. 

FD: We went on a date to NYC, and visited the MET. I noticed Garrett was getting nervous and kept stopping at every painting to take a seat. Then suddenly he sat me down and said a really cheesy line about me being a masterpiece, and asked me to be his girlfriend. I was so embarrassed because he was being so loud and cheesy and people were walking by!

HC: What is your favorite memory together?

GA: My favorite memory had to be ice skating at Rockefeller center.  It was our first “real” date and by far the most memorable one we had ever had. 

FD: When we went ice skating at Rockefeller center! It was our first “real” date since on our first date Garrett took me to the village diner, so we like to pretend that Rockefeller was first haha

HC: What is your favorite part about going to school together?

GA: I get to see her beautiful face every day.  What more could I want?

FD: That we get to see each other all the time, even when we’re super busy with school.

HC: If you each got a free pass with a celebrity and the other was not allowed to get mad or upset, whom would you choose?

GA: After careful thought and deliberation, Ariana Grande.

FD: Bruno Mars, and Garrett will most probably say Ariana Grande. He plays her songs on repeat like 20 times straight.

HC: Who is your favorite third wheel?

GA: Miles Nash.  He keeps Fernanda in check because she usually goes way too overboard with the whole public displays of affection. 

FD: I would say Gabi Hunt.

HC: Who wears the pants in the relationship?

GA: Fernanda is a bit delusional.  My guess is that she will say something like “Me, no doubt!”.  In reality, I clearly have the decision-making powers within this relationship and I call the shots. 

FD: Me!!! No doubt

Amanda Boyer

Seton Hall

Amanda Boyer is a senior public relations major at Seton Hall University. She is the Social media manager of the official school newspaper, the Setonian, as well as is a contributor to CupidsPulse.com and TheTaiLife.com which will be launching in Mid-April. Also in her junior and senior year she is the reporter for her sorority Alpha Omicron Pi’s international magazine, The To Dragma. When Amanda is not writing, she enjoys binge watching One Tree Hill and Gilmore Girls and probably can recite every word. This country music lover would never be caught dead without her camera and her iced passion tea in her hands. Amanda aspires to work in corporate communications after graduation in December 2015.