Arrgh! Meet Seton Hall’s Campus Celebrity: The Pirate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Seton Hall University is proud to have The Pirate as its mascot. Our current Pirate, the one and 
only, was intrigued by the position because his high school never had a mascot. “I thought it 
would be interesting,” he said. “It also looked like a lot of fun.”

You can catch him at all the men and women’s games as well as other type of events like 
charity, school promotional events and TV commercials! This year the school spiced things up 
by purchasing a new pirate costume. It went from being a one-piece suit to a multi-piece suit
and now includes both home and away jerseys as well as a third set of authentic pirate clothes. 
The suit is not too heavy but is made of a lot of material, which causes it to bad odor and lots of 
laundry.

The current Pirate just started this year and said he loves interacting with the fans.
“I have the best seat in Prudential!” he said. “I’m allowed to walk anywhere in the arena and 
watch the game.”

The Pirate thought the Big East tournament was disappointing this year due to the men’s team 
performance. 

“It’s unfortunate that they couldn’t get it together in the end, but they are a young team and will 
do better next year,” he said.

Although everyone is always curious of the Pirate’s true identity, he likes to remain anonymous.
“The Pirate in itself is its own being,” he said. “To look at the Pirate and associate it with 
someone else would ruin the Spirit of the Pirate.”

It’s safe to say our Pirate has a positive outlook on the future of sports here at Seton Hall and will 
continue to do a great job at pumping the crowd up at every event he attends!
Dyana Trejos

Seton Hall

Dyana is a Sophomore Broadcasting major at Seton Hall University.
While striving to become a high maintenance magazine girl, Rachel in the mean time, is a Senior Diplomacy major at Seton Hall. Obsessions include: her dog, airplanes, horoscopes (Cosmo astrologers are n e v e r wrong), and her sorority. When asked where she plans to be in 10 years Rachel responded "In 10 years I hope I'm either a very successful NYC woman or on vacation...either will do really."