4 Things That Are Happening During Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Spring Break is here Pirates!! I hope you’re all as excited as I am to enjoy a blissful week of ignoring all school related responsibilities. But just because we’re leaving our SHU obligations behind, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t know what’s going on in the world each day. So here’s a quick run-down of the four events you should know about next week.

Wednesday March 8th—International Women’s day

All you ladies and fellas who love to celebrate the all kinds of equality, this is your day! International Women’s Day is a day to celebrate social, economic, cultural and political achievements of all women across the world. It has been a holiday since the early 1900s and continues to get better each and every year. So be sure to wear your #GirlPower apparel all day Wednesday.

Friday March 10th—SXSW aka South by SouthWest

This is a major festival for everyone in the music, film and tech industry. It’s basically one of the biggest networking events for these peeps and it happens each year in Austin, Texas. So if any of these areas fit your fancy, be sure to keep an eye out for what’s revealed at this year’s fest.

Sunday March 12th—Davlight Savings Time

YAY! One of the first major signs of Spring is finally here! Even though we are losing an hour of sleep (not ideal) it does mean that days are going to start getting longer. In the good way, like more hours of sunshine. :)

Sunday March 12th—Selection Sunday

All you basketball fans know what this means—March Madness is officially getting underway. And for those of you who may not follow bball, it’s the day that the NCAA unveils the brackets for their end of the season tournament. Our Pirates are holding out for another bid into the tournament in a chance to redeem themselves from last year. Let’s keep our fingers crossed!

While striving to become a high maintenance magazine girl, Rachel in the mean time, is a Senior Diplomacy major at Seton Hall. Obsessions include: her dog, airplanes, horoscopes (Cosmo astrologers are n e v e r wrong), and her sorority. When asked where she plans to be in 10 years Rachel responded "In 10 years I hope I'm either a very successful NYC woman or on vacation...either will do really."