This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

I want to start this by saying I am the girl who LOVES a full face of makeup, lashes, highlighter and all. You can count on me to show up in a full face of makeup even to your pool party. #waterproofmakeup For me it is so satisfying to watch myself transform just by adding a winged eyeliner and a pair of Kiss #11 lashes on my face. Now I understand, not everyone is a Sephora VIB member, or wants to be a caking on layers of makeup before they go to that 8 a.m. class and trust me I get it. These are just some essentials that I think everyone should have in their makeup bag whether you are #fullglam or #plainjane.

1. Concealer

As Elsa told us “conceal don’t feel.” Concealer is the instant pick me up, especially if you are tired after staying up all night during finals week. You can get one closer to your skin color to cover up discoloration or go a couple shades lighter to brighten and give yourself that “awake” look.

2. Eyebrow Pencil

Unless you happen to be the person blessed with amazing eyebrows (sadly I am eyebrow challenged), everyone can benefit from a good fill in with an eyebrow pencil. Your eyebrows frame your face. They give a the look of being put together even though you might be stressed on the inside. PRO TIP: start with a light hand, no one wants scary looking eyebrows.

3. Highlighter

Who doesn’t love sparkles. Highlighter literally adds brightness to the face and attracts so much attention. If you are not attention seeking like me you can skip this, but for anyone who loves compliments and people staring this one is for you. PRO TIP: if you would like to be seen from space, wet your brush before applying for an added glow.

4. Lip Gloss or Chap stick​

Nothing bothers me more than chapped lips, and it only gets worse in the winter. Chap stick is the best thing ever invented since sliced bread. Literally a life savor and I cannot leave the house without it. Always keep your lips moisturized. If you want some color, they even have tinted Chap stick! If you want a fancy look grab a lip liner, line your lips fully, and put some clear lip gloss over it. Truly iconic.

Everyone deserves to feel great with or without makeup and these four essentials can turn anyone into a full glam queen. 

I'm a Junior at Seton Hall University. I'm a Graphic Design and Advertising Major and have always had a passion for writing. My other passions include Reality TV, specifically the Bachelor, and I spend my time listening to all types of music. I have a love for Beyonce that cannot be replicated, and I am not afraid to show it. 
Hi! My name is Kiah Conway and I'm a double major in Journalism and Creative Writing here at Seton Hall. I am one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus, as well as a Chapter Advisor for some HC Chapters. If it wasn't already obvious, I am really passionate about writing. I'm also a serious Netflix addict and book lover. In between binge watching Marvel movies and doing homework, I spend my time hardcore Pinteresting and writing short stories.