TV’s Best and Worst Moms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Mothers day is quickly approaching and what better way to celebrate maternity than with a review of some of the best and worst moms television has brought us? 

Lucille Bluth: Arrested Development

Never far from a martini, Lucille is sarcastic, rude, self-absorbed… and hilarious. Not to mention she rocks a mean pantsuit.

Cersei Lannister: Game of Thrones

Cersei is arguably one of the most hated characters of the hit HBO show Game of Thrones. Defendants of the fiery lion queen argue that all the terrible acts of treachery she’s committed have been to protect her children. She may be a power-hungry monster, but she loves her kids and doesn’t take crap from men.

Kitty Forman: That 70s Show

Who doesn’t love the adorably ditzy mom-to-everyone on That 70s Show? The unofficial foster mom of the gang, Kitty is both zany and nurturing.

Nancy Botwin: Weeds

Would you take up drug dealing to preserve your family’s way of life? Nancy Botwin does! She becomes a soccer mom-turned drug lord when her husband passes away.

Morticia Addams: The Addams Family

The matriarch of America’s most bizarre family, Morticia is an unexpectedly awesome role model for her children. Covered head to toe in black, she’s one of TV’s most styling mamas.

Marge Simpson: The Simpsons 

She may be animated, but the lessons she teaches her children are universally valuable. She encourages them to be themselves, try new things, and she stands up for them throughout their crazy antics.

Linda Blecher: Bob’s Burgers 

Linda is another cartoon mom who handles her insane family with grace and sass. ALRIIIIGHT!

Pam (Beesly) Halpert: The Office 

Although she’s only been a mom for a few years, with two kids and a job Pam is already killing it. When Jim leaves to chase his dream in Philly, we see just how strong and independent of a mother she really is.

TV has given us a whole lot of mothers over the years. Not all of them are flawless, but hopefully they’ll make you appreciate your mother!

Hannah Tyne is a sophmore at Seattle University. When she's not traveling the world, you can find her eating excessive amounts of Thai food, exploring her awesome city and hugging puppies.