Seattle U Bathrooms: A Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

You pay a lot of money to attend SU, so why not get the most out of your experience? Great professors, a large collection of books in the library, and decent coffee at the cafes are just a part of this. Let’s face it, we all have to “go”- bathrooms have an understated influence on the SU experience. The bathrooms here can be a haven from the stress of the classroom. So where can you find the best refuge? And where should you avoid at all costs?

Here is the ultimate ranking of best SU bathrooms based upon length of wait, privacy, amenities, and ability to take a “mirror pic” (you know you do it).

#1: University Services Building

Located next door to the bookstore, this bathroom is a palace. The black tile will make you feel like you are using the loo at a hip club in London. Relax and enjoy the decor because there is rarely ever a wait and it is really quiet.

#2: Casey Building

The Casey bathrooms are special for a number of reasons. The first is that all of the bathrooms are singles. The ones that are in the department offices are generally not gender specific, if you are looking for that. And best of all, the departments sometimes decorate the room and include deodorizing spray! These bathrooms are a place for self-reflection.

#3: Hunthausen Hall

This building had very clean bathrooms paired with lovely tiling. There aren’t generally many people in Hunthausen so you’ll likely have the whole place to yourself. And better yet the mirror in there is amazing – prime for Snapchatting your most awful finals look.

#4: Lemieux Library, 6th Floor

The Library bathrooms are the most modern on our campus. You have two choices for flushing to reduce water usage. The lights are motion sensitive and are only turned on if someone enters. The sixth floor also has an amazing view. Soak it in.

#5: Pigott Building, 1st Floor

This bathroom has so many stalls. While there are only three sinks there’s never a wait for a stall! No cell phone reception, but good WiFi and easy access to classes in Pigott.

And now let’s talk about bad bathrooms. The “what the hell were they thinking when they designed this!?” or “oh my goodness I need to get to class and look at this line” bathrooms. This list will save you time, energy, and feelings of melancholy (seriously, some are that bad.)

#1: Administration Building

This bathroom is the bane of our collective existence. First there is the fact that you generally have to go up or down a floor just to use the restroom. Second that the women’s bathroom is painted this hideous shade of pastel pink that I can only blame on the 1990s. Thirdly there is nearly always a line. If there isn’t, good luck figuring out if a stall has someone in it. Also, why is it always so cold in there?! I have to put my coat back on just to use the restroom! And please explain that awkwardly placed mirror on the wall… Just no. 0 stars.

#2: Pigott Building, 2nd and 3rd Floors

Beware of these bathrooms. There is always a line unless you have magical timing. The size of the bathrooms makes you very aware that people are waiting on you and you must rush or face harsh judgement. Save yourself the trouble and visit the first floor instead.

#3: Bannan Engineering Building

Add Her Campus members KJ and Kathleen point out, the engineering buildings are poorly engineered. Really though. Stalls with nonsensical doors. Walls where there shouldn’t be any. And just so drab. They are a source of confusion and despair.

#4: Campion, Bellarmine, and Xavier Residence Halls, Most Floors

Let’s be honest with ourselves… Undergrads are gross. Weird things happen in dormitory bathrooms – excessive singing in the shower, blow drying hair at 11 pm, and not making it to the toilet after a fun night at Fall Ball. Avoid at all costs.

#5: Lemieux Library, 2nd-5th Floors

So I already described that the Library bathrooms are modern and eco-friendly. The sixth floor view overrides the worst aspect of these bathrooms. They have a lot of echo. Combine that with the extreme quiet of the library setting, you might have some uncomfortable bathroom usage. It’s also a high traffic area. Just be careful what you’re going in there for.

Well, there you have it. The Do’s and Don’ts of “going” at Seatte U. We hope this guide to campus bathrooms helps you make all the right choices.

Happy finals!

I am a senior at Seattle University, studying both Communications and Spanish. My passions lie in fashion, social justice, writing, and editorial work. I am looking forward to being a Campus Correspondant with Her Campus, and can't wait to create a unique space online with the students of Seattle University.