Getting Ready in 15 Minutes or Less

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Curling your hair and doing winged eyeliner is an art: it takes time. So, what happens when you don’t have the time to make this art? Whether you’re camping at Sasquatch, getting up early for a final, or spending an impromptu day at the beach, you’ll definitely have days when 45 minutes is simply too long to spend getting ready.

By following these 5 simple steps, you can get ready in only 15 minutes on those mornings when your time is pressed, or when you simply don’t have the resources to perform your usual morning routine.

1. Think about what you’re going to wear the next day.

You can go so far as laying out an outfit before you go to bed, but even thinking about what you want to wear the next day when you’re going to sleep works fine, too. It takes so much time in the morning deciding what to wear, so having an idea of what you want to wear before you wake up makes the process a lot easier. Besides; falling asleep thinking about clothing ensures you have good dreams.

2. Wake yourself up with some super fun music.

There’s nothing like a quick dance party to get yourself going! Listening to some jams as you get ready can put you in a good mood for the rest of the day, and you can even draw some fashion inspiration from the music. If you need some recommendations, listen to these two playlists from 8tracks: American Girl & How To Be A Heartbreaker

3. Embrace your bedhead!

If you sleep with your hair in braids or little space buns, when you wake up you don’t even have to brush your hair for it to look good. Then you also look cute while you’re sleeping

4. Minimal Makeup is best. 

Throw on some tinted BB cream, bronzer, and mascara and you will be set on makeup for the day. It is also really good for your skin to wear minimal makeup and let your pores breathe. 

5. Get your priorities straight.

First of all, remind yourself that you, like Kat Dennings, are already awesome, no matter how much or how little time you spend getting ready. Treating yourself to some extra primping is certainly helpful on occasion, but when you need to be somewhere, don’t worry about looking like a hot mess. Getting a quick morning routine together will give you that extra time in the mornings to sleep in or accomplish tasks. Keep it simple and you will be ready in 15 minutes or less! 

Just another college student trying to have it all, including style and comfort; follow my personal struggles with fashion, finances, and the future at www.thehannahgold.com