The 7 Stages of a Quarter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

1.  Happy to be here and get this quarter started right! 

You have a new notebook, cool pens, a backpack that fits everything in an organized fashion and you are ready to start chipping away at the course work. Classes and classmates are new and exciting. Smooth sailing! 

2.  Getting involved in clubs and activities.

You’ve always wanted to try that cool thing your friends were talking about but never made the time…until now. 

3.  Things start to become due… but you’ve got this.

Good thing you worked ahead because you are now able to relax a little bit and and just turn in work as it becomes due.

4.  A little more than you can handle…

Ok so maybe it was a bad idea to join three clubs and overload in the same quarter, big papers are becoming due and big events are happening in the club.

5.  Losing everything… including your mind.

Ok so the organized backpack you have with the nice pens and all of that jazz is not the case anymore. Everything is everywhere and there is no order. Finals are just around the corner.

6.  Done.

Finals are happening. You’ve checked out, your grade is more or less locked in, nothing you do is going to change it too much, you don’t care and you are just ready for it to be over.

7.  Getting ready for the next quarter

So you have a great class list. The highest rated professors on ratemyprofessor.com. And you are ready to start the cycle all over again.

Good luck next quarter, and watch out for these signs! 

I am a senior at Seattle University, studying both Communications and Spanish. My passions lie in fashion, social justice, writing, and editorial work. I am looking forward to being a Campus Correspondant with Her Campus, and can't wait to create a unique space online with the students of Seattle University.