5 Low-Fat Takes On Favorite Thanksgiving Classics

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

Before we all head home to stuff ourselves with delicious home-cooked “comfort food”, take a minute to consider these alternative healthy, and just-as-tasty options.

1. Pear, Prosciutto and Hazelnut Stuffing

Nut allergies? Replace the hazelnuts with crushed crispy French’s fried onions, that way you don’t loose the crunch. Get the recipe here.

1. Need another yummy side dish? Try Roasted Root Veggies!

Despite any preconceived notions of root vegetables, they are a great alternative to the beloved green bean casserole. With the right seasoning, you can’t even tell they are healthy   for you! Get the recipe here.

1. Pumpkin Pie

To even cut calories even more, or just to try something new, replace the crust with graham crackers or dried dates. Get the recipe here.

1. Mashed Potatoes

This delicious treat is even dairy-free! Get the recipe here.

1. Roast Turkey and Rosemary Gravy

Buy or make your own stock, either way it is scrumptious! Get the recipe here.

Happy, healthy cooking!

I am a senior at Seattle University, studying both Communications and Spanish. My passions lie in fashion, social justice, writing, and editorial work. I am looking forward to being a Campus Correspondant with Her Campus, and can't wait to create a unique space online with the students of Seattle University.