This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

1.  Cherry Street Hours of Operation.

Why, oh, why does Cherry Street open at 10:30 am on Saturday and Sunday? A large number of us were out the night before and have woken up extremely hungry and just want some hash browns. But no, we must wait until 10:30 slowly dying inside.

2. Printing

I don’t need to explain this, because just reading the word printing has you enraged.

3. The “Reply All Crisis of 2015”

I understand that listserve is quite annoying, but people, lets pick up the hint that replying all and saying “remove me from this list” hasn’t been working for the last 300 people so it will not work for then next 300 either.

4. Library Stairs

I don’t care how fit you are, you know that when you walk from the bottom of the library up to floor 3 you are winded. Have no shame in using the elevator to go from floor 2 to 3 on particularly hard days. (Also, need we mention the Student Center climb?)

5. Basement Swiping

Bro… I know you did not just swipe to go down to the basement in this packed elevator. Take the stairs.

6. C Street Lunch & Dinner Rush

What is this? Did everyone get together and decide they are hungry right at this exact moment? Why are people wandering aimlessly? Is this even a line I’m standing in?

7. Trash, Compost, Recycle

Seattle U is amazing in their efforts to be sustainable and instilling that value in their students. But you know you get stressed when you have a container not from Seattle U and you don’t know whether or not to trash, compost, or recycle.

8. Public Safety’s Segway

1) Why are you riding this inside? 2) How much faster do you really get to an emergency?  3) Can I try?

9. Cheese-stro

Cheese, cheese, and more cheese! Everything at the Bistro is made of cheese, unless it’s a dry and sad salad. But that’s okay because we don’t trust people who don’t like cheese anyway.

10. Night Hawk Radius

At one point or another, we have all casually hinted to the Night Hawk driver that we need to be dropped off three blocks further than the 6-block radius in hopes that they will take mercy on us and drop us off there.

11. Residence Hall Showers

Squeak…squeak…squeak! Everyone’s worst nightmare, waddling back from your shower in your wet flip-flops and towel, running into everyone on your floor, just to realize you locked yourself out.

12.  The Grass Knoll FOMO

This is a springtime struggle. The minute is gets sunny everyone you know is sitting on the grassy hill outside the library.  Class attendance rates plummet to all-time lows on these days.

13. Ambulance Sirens

Freshman year trying to sleep with all these sirens is agony. By senior year they just lull you to sleep.

14.  Proximity to Happy Hour

This is really only a problem if you are of age to drink, but soon enough you will understand. Our campus is so close to some of the best happy hours it’s a constant internal battle between needing to be productive and needing a margarita.

15.  Temperature Changes

Seattle temperatures can be tortuous at times. It’ll be chilly and breezy outside so you bundle up, then immediately once you walk into a building you’re sweating like you just ran a marathon. 

16.  Peak Hours at the Gym

The other day I was at the gym and it was so packed, this guy sat directly behind me to stretch. Every time I looked up we was making awkward eye contact in the mirror. It’s called “personal space” my friend.