This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

Online Classes Pros and Cons

Online classes, in theory, are great but let’s get into it. There are quite a few pros and cons to the subject, but I’m going to give you my top five for each.

Let’s start with the pros:

1. You don’t have to get up for early morning classes
  2. You have a super flexible schedule
  3. It’s more cost-efficient
  4. You can go at any pace to learn the material
  5. Everything is online so you don’t have to buy books

And now the cons:

1. No office hours
  2. Increase in procrastination
  3. You lose time on campus
  4. Partner work will be difficult 
  5. You have to have the right technology

I, myself, am not a fan of online classes because of the lack of accountability. I have to actually go to class or else I won’t get anything done. But I know a lot of people love online classes because of scheduling, as it opens up a lot of free time. The choice of online vs in-class is up to the individual and their own learning needs, so make sure you pick what’s best for you.

Hi y'all, I'm Sydney. I was born in California and raised in Texas. I'm an English major and hope to work in the entertainment industry.
My name is Katherine Chen, in HerCampus I was a writer and a Campus Correspondent. I really enjoy writing and it's a big part of who I am as a person. Outside of writing I enjoy ballet, playing the piano or guitar, I also enjoy hanging out with a good book and binge watching TV shows!