My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 Movie Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

It has been nearly 14 years since we all feel in love with the Portokalos family and we may have thought that a we would never get a sequel, but it is finally here! My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 has been realsed in theaters all over the US and I assure you that this movie will not disappoint. Just like the first film it will make you laugh and you will most likely leave with a smile on your face believing that it was money well spent. 

The second film includes the original cast with Nia Vardalos and John Corbett reprising their roles as Toula Portokalos and Ian Miller. As well as introduces some new faces like Elena Kampouris, who plays their 17-year-old daughter Paris, and Alex Wolff, who plays her high school crush Bennet.This film focuses on Toula and Ian’s life is now that they are married with a daughter who is soon off to college. The couple soon realizes that they have become boring and are not the couple that they once were. The film also shows Paris facing the decision of whether to go to Northwestern and stay near her family or go off to New York for college. On top of all that craziness come the discovery of a family secret that requires them to yet again throw a giant extravagant greek wedding bringing the entire family together.

The sequel, like the original, is written by main actress Nia, therefore you can expect the same type of family humor that you find in the first film. Fans of the first film will love the sequel; it did not try to live up to the original like most sequels tend to do. This sequel was its own movie filmed with funny punchlines and a relatable story. Wether you come from a small family or a big family, there are aspects of this movie that everyone can relate to. 

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 stayed true to the characters that we all know and love while provided us with another great storyline.

Sophomore at San Diego State University, majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations. Campus co-correspondent in San Diego State University's Her Campus chapter. Born and raised in the Inland Empire. In addition to my love for journalism, I also love baseball, reading, and hanging out with my friends.