This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

There are masks for everything ranging from skin, hair, feet and even lips! With the cold, dry months approaching it can take a toll on your lips.  Having nourishing lip products that actually work are essential for hydrated, smoother lips. These masks can prepare your lips for the dry weather or for your matte lip products. It is best to use a lip exfoliator first, before applying these products for the best results. From creams to balms to a lip plumper, I discovered three of my favorite products that are effective, nourishing and even plumping!

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask ($20)

This lip sleeping mask is an extremely nourishing formula which transforms your lips overnight. It is top-rated on Allure and has a five-star rating on Sephora. It makes a noticeable difference in the hydration and plumpness of your lips overnight!

Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask ($26)

The agave lip mask has “clean” ingredients, meaning it is formulated without parabens, synthetic fragrances, sulfates and mineral oil. It is created with agave and nectar oil and will completely nourish and soften the texture of your lips. It has a thicker consistency a little goes a long way! It comes in five shades and has slight sweet flavor.

Buxom Plumping Lip Polish Gloss ($21)

This top selling lip gloss not only creates a beautiful glossy finish, but also plumps your lips in a single swipe. This lip gloss keeps your lips hydrated throughout the day and comes in dozens of shades. When this long-lasting product starts to fade it does not leave a sticky residue. There are shades for every skin tone and it leaves a slight tingle on your lips due to the plumping effect. 

Crystal is currently a third year Journalism major at San Diego State University emphasizing in Public Relations. She hopes to work for a culinary Public Relations firm after college. She likes to travel, try new foods, and go to the beach.
Emily is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus SDSU. She is a 4th year journalism student from Chicago, IL. At SDSU, she is in Kappa Delta, is the Social Media Director of Rho Lambda and the Vice President Membership of Order of Omega. Emily's favorite hobbies are dancing, online shopping, planning out her Instagram feed, blogging and going to Disneyland. On a daily basis, you can find her glued to her laptop writing blog posts and editing Youtube videos. In the future, she wants to work for the Walt Disney Company on their social media marketing and communications corporate team. Emily's strong passion for digital media & content creation makes her very proud to be a member of the Her Campus team!