This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

You just finished another year of school and the endless freedom of summer is here to stay! What better way to spend your summer than going to see all of your favorite artists in concert? Better yet, imagine seeing them at one of the most beautiful concert venues in the world. Let me introduce you to Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado. 

If you are lucky enough to live in Colorado, you may attend concerts here regularly. As a Colorado native myself, I’ve gone to countless concerts at Red Rocks and let me say, it doesn’t get old. However, if you are states away, you won’t regret making the trip. 

Red Rocks Amphitheatre is nestled in 200 million year old red rock formations Southwest of Denver. John Brisben Walker, a magazine publisher and automobile entrepreneur, realized these rocks provided the perfect acoustic environment for live performances. First named the “Garden of Angels”, the amphitheatre was later recognized as a Natural Wonder of the World. After five years of construction the amphitheatre was dedicated in 1941. Most known for their concerts, Red Rocks also offers yoga and movie showings on the rocks. Not to mention there’s tons of hiking trails around the venue as well. 

The concert experience at Red Rocks is memorable for both the artist and the fans. Artists from all over the world travel to the amphitheatre to perform as an honor. Underground backstage there is a tunnel of signatures from all the people who have performed there; one of them being The Beatles in 1964. 

As you stand in the rows you overlook a breathtaking view of the metro area while majestic red rocks tower up beside you. This venue is more than just a place to see a concert; it’s an unforgettable experience that can’t be topped. I highly encourage you to make the trip to Morrison to visit this unique site. Even if concerts aren’t your thing there are tons of other ways to enjoy it, so there’s no excuse not to come visit. :) 

For more information about Red Rocks Amphitheatre visit their website at (https://www.redrocksonline.com/). 

To see their concert schedule and buy tickets visit (https://www.redrocksonline.com/events/?filter=4&view=grid). 

p.s. The theatre is expected to be at full capacity starting June 21st!  

*this article is not sponsored

Hello! My name is Erin Barker and I'm studying Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations at San Diego State University. I was born and raised in the Denver area and always knew I wanted to go out-of-state at a campus with warm weather! SDSU was my dream school so it was a no-brainer when I got in that I'd soon be packing my bags. You can find me at any beach tanning, eating all the Cacio e Pepe in Little Italy, or getting boba! When I'm not here in San Diego studying I'm back home visiting family and my three dachshunds in Colorado! I have a passion for my faith, fashion, traveling, building quality friendships, and putting family first. I'm so grateful to be part of the Her Campus community to have a space to write creatively!