7 online shopping sites every girl should know!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

You will not find these prices at Fashion or Mission Valley Mall. San Diego State Students can rejoice because a limited college budget is no reason to skimp on style. Here are Her Campus SDSU’s top picks for online clothing stores:

1. Nasty Gal

Perhaps the most popular site on the list, Nasty Gal sells unique clothing that is always edgy. While many clothing sites skimp on accessories, Nasty gal has it covered. The Jeffery Campbell shoe collection alone is something to drool over. Some items are pricey, but there is always a killer sale selection. New and vintage looks draw hipsters and nostalgics alike. The brand also is very active on social media sites such as Instagram, so shoppers can view different looks and see why “nasty gals do it better.”  

2. Tobi

Tobi is a members only online boutique based in San Francisco. The advantages of signing up include significantly lower retail prices. Currently, new users get 50% off their first purchase and earn rewards by engaging with the brand’s social media. My favorite part is 30% off new arrivals daily, so you never have to wait until items go on sale to get a great price.

3. Thread Sence

This is the site for bohemian beauties. Indie clothing and an online culture will bring you in. Thread Sence also boasts an “apartment” category—perfect for spicing up a dreary dorm room with eclectic accessories. Thread Sence hosts their own online magazine “Glossi,”open mic submissions, and even an art collection on their “blank canvas” link. Think Urban Outfitters without the crowds of teenyboppers.

4. Lulus

The website for the quintessential girly girl. Lulu’s offers a great selection of trendy clothing, particularly special occasion bridesmaid and graduation dresses. Shop the “Must have Mint” feature for an extra sweet dose of spring. The websites organization makes finding the perfect outfit simple and fun.

5. AMI Clubwear

The most affordable option on the list will satisfy even the most frugal fashionista. This website is perfect for party dresses, swimwear and Vegas attire. AMI even sells costumes for all occasions. The selection can be overwhelming, so try shopping by price or trend to narrow down the options. 

6. Revolve Clothing

Revolve is the place to snag designer deals. The site hosts clothing from brands such as True Religion, Marc by Marc Jacobs and Free People. While designer denim and handbags are costly, there are plenty of sale items. Plus, select Litas are 30% off. And you don’t have to wait a week for free shipping. My favorite perk is Revolve’s free 2-3 day priority shipping policy.

7. Sabo Skirt

A company that strives for environmental consciousness as well as fashion. Pinterest users love Sabo Skirt—it’s instant style with the click of a button! The best part? The “$20 sale” section is a dream for students with a limited budget. Instead of peering over crowds or window shopping at the mall, online shoppers can scroll through Sabo’s blog for styling inspiration.

Cover Photo via Wikimedia Commons

Lauren Yap is journalism and media studies major at San Diego State. Her passion for writing and storytelling led her to The Daily Aztec—SDSU's independent student newspaper. Currently, Lauren is Features Editor for The Daily Aztec and is ready to get started in the real world of journalism. Lauren has experience managing staff writers and working as a team with all aspects of newspaper production. She also loves fashion, beauty, fitness and all things creative. Lauren's interest in online media lead her to become a staff writer at Her Campus, where she hopes to hone her blogging skills.
Welcome to Her Campus SDSU!