5 Things To Do At Home During Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

Spending Spring Break at home doesn’t have to be as boring as it sounds. Whether you’re back home with your parents or spending it here in San Diego, here’s a list of 5 things you can do to keep yourself from having an overly mudane Spring Break. 

1. Read a book

Reading for fun can be very soothing and relaxing because you can immerse yourself in every aspect of the writing and forget about any impending deadlines for a little. 

2. Morning walks

Not only is it one of the easiest ways to get in your daily exercise, but it’s also incredibly soothing. It gives you time to think to yourself for a bit and enjoy the nieghborhood you live in.

3. Experiment with cooking

Let’s be real, one of the toughest parts of living on your own is having to cook for yourself everyday. I’m not saying you have to be the next Bobby Flay, but learning how to turn some basic meals into your own personal 5-star meal is something to enjoy. 

4. Picnic with your friends

In my opinion, picnics are underrated. Going out to a park or a beach with your best friends and indulging in your favorite foods is one of my favorite ideas of a good time. After all, what’s better than eating in good company?

5. Hike local trails

I love hiking because there’s almost always a beautiful view that makes the experience worth it. Not only will you have some sick Insta pics, but it’s one of the most fun ways of exercising. I always make sure to hike with a group of friends rather than by myself because I’ve seen one too many episodes of Criminal Minds. 

Welcome to Her Campus SDSU!