‘Tis the Cocktail Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Nothing is merrier than enjoying some great, tasty (and turnt) alcoholic drinks on Christmas. Try one of these recipes and you’ll probably be feeling a little extra jolly this holiday season.

S’MORE MARTINI PLEASE

Ingredients:

1 oz dark (or milk) chocolate Godiva liqueur

0.5 oz fluffed marshmallow vodka

0.5 oz heavy cream

Chocolate syrup

Crushed graham crackers

Marshmallow (optional… but necessary)

Preparation

1.     Pour the chocolate syrup on a plate and the crushed graham crackers on another. Press the rim of your glass into chocolate syrup and then into the graham crackers so that the graham crackers stick to the glass.

2.     Mix heavy cream and marshmallow vodka in a glass.

3.     Pour the chocolate liqueur into a separate glass (Pro-Tip: To create a layered look when using heavy liqueur such as this chocolate Godiva liqueur, take a spoon and hold it over the glass upside down. Then slowly pour the liqueur over the spoon into the glass).

4.     Pour the vodka mixture as slowly as possible over an upside down spoon (again) to make the layered look.

5.     Lay a roasted marshmallow over the top of the glass to garnish.

HO, HO, HOOOLY HOT CHOCOLATE

Ingredients:

1 oz Godiva Chocolate Liqueur

0.5 OZ. Peppermint Schnapps

0.5 OZ. Vodka

Chocolate Syrup

1 Crushed Candy Cane

Preparation:

1. Add Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, peppermint schnapps, vodka, and ice in a cocktail shaker and shake, shake, shake.

2. Pour the chocolate syrup on a plate, and the crushed candy cane on another. Press the rim of a martini glass into chocolate syrup and then into the peppermint candies so that the peppermint candies stick to the glass.

3. Pour the drink into the martini glass and enjoy!

SNOWBALL COCKTAIL

Ingredients:

3 oz Tequila Cream Liqueur

3 drops of vanilla extract

Crushed ice

1 oz evaporated skim milk

0.5 oz Kahlua

Cinnamon powder

Cinnamon stick (optional)

Preparation:

1.     Pour all the ingredients (except the cinnamon powder and stick) into a blender.

2.     Blend for ten seconds.

3.     Pour the drink into a wine glass.

4.     Sprinkle cinnamon powder on top and garnish with a cinnamon stick.

MISTLETOE MOIJITO

Ingredients:

10 Whole cranberries

1 lime wedge

1 tablespoons of sugar

5 mint leaves,

1 shot of rum

Seltzer water

Preparation

1.     Combine cranberries, lime wedge, sugar and mint leaves in a glass.

2.     Use a muddler to crush the ingredient and extract the juice from the limes and cranberries (Pro Tip: When muddling, make sure you only press lightly; you don’t want the mint leaves to break apart).

3.     Add crushed ice into the glass, as well as the shot of rum.

4.     Top off with seltzer water and stir well.

FROSTER COCONUT BLITZ

Ingredients:

2 ox Ciroc Coconut Vodka

¾ oz Triple Sec

½ oz lime juice

¼ oz cream

½ oz agave nectar

2 dash of Angostura bitters

Preparation:

1. Combine all ingredients (except the cream) into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.

2. Shake, shake shake!

3. Pour drink into a glass.

4. Add cream, stir, and enjoy.

Enjoy collegiates!

Victoria is a senior at Santa Clara University and is a History and Spanish double major with double minors in Political Science and Anthropology. A native Los Angelino, she's a huge Kings & Dodgers fan & will defend her favorite teams fiercely. Lover of Netflix, popcorn, & mint moose tracks ice cream. You can basically count on finding her snacking, binge-watching Game of Thrones, or in the library (sometimes all three at the same time).