Are you looking for love at SCU? Then look no further. You might be thinking to yourself, “How do I know these are the best guys?” Because we selected these men from your nominations! Read on to see which guy is right for you…
Sam Kennard ‘18
A fun loving outdoorsman from Seattle Washington, Sam Kennard is every girls dream. Sam is a TKE, involved in Into the Wild, and at some point in his life plans to work really hard on building up his calf muscles. When he grows up he wants to be a professional bull rider, write salsa music, and also wants to be the first person to land on the sun (hot, right?). His special skills include running really fast, wooing professors, and he’s training himself to write with his left hand.
His ideal girl has to know all of the names of the US Presidents (Poli Sci majors, I’m looking at you) and has to be like a palm tree, which he considers to be his best friend. But if you start talking about your study abroad experience, you may scare him off. Here’s what Sam had to say about his ideal date:
“We would wake up and go swimming in the ocean before 8AM. Ideally we would find a few dolphins, coral them, and ride them, but if we don’t it’s not a deal breaker. After that I would love to go to the Lexington Reservoir where there’s an abandoned village that’s very spooky, and my mom would be waiting there with treats for us to eat like little pizza pockets. From there we would leave to go catch a silent movie (there’s less distractions), and then we would make dessert together blindfolded.”
So ladies if you’re looking for a dashing blonde whose middle name is Jagger and is fluent in 7 languages, then Sam Kennard is your man.
Connor Holttum ‘18
Looking for a guy who can change the world (or yours, for that matter)? Then look no further than Connor Holttum. A sophomore Psychology & Philosophy double major from Mukilteo, Washington, Connor spends 90% of his day thinking of interesting things; the other 10% he’s not really sure what he does. You can find him hanging out in the Meditation Room, walking around the Mission Gardens, or playing FIFA. His special skills include asking irrelevant questions in class and coming up with creative answers to interview questions.
His ideal girl has nice eyes and a good smile, but make sure you brush those pearly whites because he hates bad breath. Here’s what he had to say about his ideal date:
“Skydiving to a picnic on the top of a mountain, and then base jumping to an island where we would then have dinner.”
If this ultimate Frisbee playing cutie that loves food seems like the guy for you, then make sure you say hi to him next time you spot him around campus!
Lyndon Enow ‘17
If you’re looking to significantly pump your social media presence, look no further. You might recognize him as that guy who has an absurd amount of likes on all of his profile pictures. But there’s more than just fabulous social media presence to this eligible bachelor.
Lyndon hails from Cameroon, Africa, but his family moved to San Jose when he was three years old. He is an English major who dabbles in theater and also models on the side. Did I mention he sings, too? Talk about #artsy. Make sure to catch him at the next Love Jones. But if you can’t make it, he would love if you struck up a random convo with him! Need to know more? He loves writing emails, and will sometimes format his texts like an email.
If you’re looking to make a move, Lyndon’s looking to find love at a coffee shop (imagine TSwift’s “Begin Again” video). Maybe after that you’ll be lucky enough to go on a picnic date. Lyndon is looking for someone who is “funny, but subliminally” and who is “so themselves that they attract and inspire others to be themselves as well.”
Aaron Poor ‘16
What do you get when you combine an offbeat personality with an undeniable sense of charm and ambition? Basically the ideal guy, or in other words, Aaron Poor. Originating from Mercer Island, Washington, Aaron is majoring in a self-created Sustainable Development program in the Business School. When I asked him what he plans to do with his super-unique major, “showing businesses the financial value of being environmental” was at the top of the list.
And if that’s not enough to convince you of his greatness, maybe the fact that Aaron is student body president will sway you. Or his utter confidence in his substantial Super Smash Bros skills. Or his talent for playing the ukulele like a pro.
Aaron’s ideal girl has a relaxed personality to counteract his crazy life, but also loves to have fun and be social. Deal breakers? “Tons of boogers. That’s hard to get around, but I’m sure I could if it was the right person.” His ideal date would be to just spend a day relaxing on the beach and eating fruit, preferably in Santa Cruz.
So if you a fan of fruit and you’re looking for a guy with a witty and charming personality, form an orderly queue, ladies, for the debonair Aaron Poor!