This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Tell me what you watch on Netflix, and I’ll guess what you’re majoring in in college.

If You’ve Watched:

The West Wing

You’re probably majoring in: Political Science

This behind-the-scenes look into the White House shows all of the presidential advisers’ duties and also a behind-the-scenes look into their personal lives. President Bartlet balances the needs of the country with the true nature of politics in D.C. and countless scandals along the way. You’re probably motivated by the thrill of political culture in D.C. and want to make a difference yourself.

Gossip Girl

You’re probably majoring in: Criminology

Everyone was always dying to know who Gossip Girl was, and I’m sure we all suspected a few different characters throughout the six seasons. Chances are you might have decided to major in criminology so you could figure out who Gossip Girl was for yourself, once and for all.

Sex and the City

You’re probably majoring in: English

Seeing Carrie Bradshaw’s glamorous life in NYC probably made you want to pack your bags and move to the Big Apple to follow your dreams. You’re also probably an English major, so you can become a writer just like Carrie.

Mad Men

You’re probably majoring in: Marketing

The advertising industry in 1960’s New York was fast paced, chic, and seductive. You chose to major in marketing in hopes of finding your own Don Draper.

Friday Night Lights

You’re probably majoring in: Education

Friday Night Lights definitely makes you long for your high school glory days. You were inspired to major in Education so you could become a teacher and get to cheer on the football team on Friday nights once again.

House of Cards

Watching Frank and Claire Underwood take on Washington would leave anyone in awe. If you’ve watched all four seasons of scheming and scandals, it probably persuaded you to major in Poli Sci.

There you have it, my take on how Netflix does more than just distract you from studying, but rather influence what you’re studying.

Sofia is from the San Francisco Bay Area and studies Political Science (plus a million other minors). Sofia writes about style, travel, food and coffee on her blog, www.sofialeyla.com . In her free time, catch her hammocking by Bellomy Field or finding her zen in yoga class.
Laurel Fisher is a senior at Santa Clara University. She is double majoring in math and French. She loves traveling, scrapbooking, and anything to do with France. In her free time, she loves taking photos of just about anything, watching Netflix, eating delicious food, going to the gym, and spending time with her friends.