Best Boba Places around Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Boba, commonly known as milk tea (or a variety of other names, you may have heard of it by the name of bubble tea or pearl tea) is a huge trend in the Bay Area. I’ve compiled a list of the top five cafes to get your fix.

1. Sharetea

Sharetea is in easy walking distance from campus. Located on Homestead, Sharetea is a fun place to study, play games with friends, or drop by for a drink. Especially unique is their Whole Lemon Tea, which, true to its name, comes with a whole sliced lemon in it—perfect for a refreshing summer drink.

2. Gong-cha

This is personally one of my favorite spots to sit, study, and enjoy some delicious milk tea. If not in the mood for just a regular cup of tea with the typical black pearls, Gong-cha also offers a variety of toppings such as milk foam, pudding, jellies, and even white pearls. Moreover, it’s right in downtown San Jose, so it makes for a nice outing.

3. Amor Café & Tea

Although I’ve only tried this milk tea once, as far as milk tea goes, this place was absolutely life changing. The milk tea is great and the café also serves pastries, coffee, shaved ice, and a wide variety of other snacks that make it an awesome environment for taking a break with friends after a long day of hard work.

4. Happy Lemon

Not only are their flavors great, but Happy Lemon also has a modern aesthetic that makes the drive from campus worth it. Definitely a great addition to your foodstagram or Snapchat story.

5. Pekoe

Here’s another cafe that will wow you as you step through the door. The milk tea is served in light bulbs. Also, Pekoe is open until 12 am, so it’s a great late night snack spot. Oh, and one more thing–Pekoe has Taco Tuesday, where a taco is only $1.50! Now, a café can’t get much better than that, can it?

So there you have it, some of the best places to get milk tea in and around Santa Clara. Drop by and test out some new locations next time you’re looking for something to cool you down.

Bethool is in her second year studying Biochemistry and Philosophy. She loves reading all kinds of books, photography, exploring the great outdoors, and playing music.
Laurel Fisher is a senior at Santa Clara University. She is double majoring in math and French. She loves traveling, scrapbooking, and anything to do with France. In her free time, she loves taking photos of just about anything, watching Netflix, eating delicious food, going to the gym, and spending time with her friends.