Style > Decor

The 6 Best Crystals to Amplify the Lives of Busy College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

No matter if you’re spending this school year in a new home or in your hometown bedroom, college is a tumultuous time and can be accompanied by overwhelming feelings of anxiety, sadness or imbalance. As a first year student moving into my very first apartment, I made sure to revamp my collection of crystals to fit my new environment and circumstances. After some extensive research, I have compiled the ultimate crystal starter kit geared towards improving the lives of busy college students.

Here is what I found: 

Clear Quartz

If you are only looking to invest in one particular crystal, clear quartz is the one to begin with. To give you an analogy, clear quartz is like the essential “basics” that are needed for any wardrobe before investing in  more eccentric clothing items. Clear Quartz is considered to aid with clarity of the mind, cleansing energies in and around you, and is seen as one of the most effective stones to mediate with. Generally, Clear Quartz holds the ability to be effective with any intentions you may have!

Rose Quartz

A beautiful rose-colored pink, Rose Quartz holds reign as the most effective crystal of love! This multifaceted stone is used best when you are looking to find love for yourself and others, mend or strengthen a relationship with a significant other, or heal a heartache. Watch out Chad, no more broken hearts!

Amethyst

My personal favorite, Amethyst is a helpful stone for peace and tranquility. Wherever you are attending Zoom University this quarter, Amethyst will make your environment feel like a safe space. I know when I moved into my new place, I placed two beautiful Amethyst stones right above my bed. 

Citrine

Everyone needs a little confidence booster with winter quarter picking up and Citrine is the perfect stone to help. Known to boost energy, creativity and manifestation, Citrine is the stone to use to pursue the dream that always seemed too big. This is the energy to bring into 2021!

Black Tourmaline

Black Tourmaline is often considered the “bodyguard of the crystals.” This stone is most productive in absorbing energy considered harmful or dangerous,and is able to absorb this energy without compromising the quality of its own energy. If you find yourself in unsafe situations all too often, please consider Black Tourmaline and maybe some pepper spray! Safety is everything in college. 

Tiger’s Eye

Tiger’s Eye is most successful in preventing complacency and promoting out-of-the-box thinking. I recommend placing this stone on your desk or work area of choice. Use this crystal if you need help focusing and staying motivated during a study session. You’ll be cranking up A plus work in no time!

Pexels

It’s important to note here that there are over 100 different crystals and many of them have similar effects. Feel free to explore the world of crystals on your own and find your personal favorites! You can use these crystals to meditate and bring out the best side of yourself. And of course, remember that crystals aren’t magical, so it’s important to always work on the best version of yourself. Happy crystal shopping everyone!

Sarah is a first-year at Santa Clara University planning on majoring in marketing and entrepreneurship. She loves art, design, music, and of course, writing for HerCampus! In her free time, she enjoys hiking, going to the beach as much as possible, and finding new songs!
Meghana Reddy is the Campus Correspondent for the SCU chapter of Her Campus. Currently, she is a 4th year student pursuing a Major in Neuroscience and Minor in Computer Science. Meghana is passionate about women in entrepreneurship, consulting, healthcare, women's health, and dogs! In her free time, she loves to travel, try new foods, and practice yoga!