This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Changing your condom brand is not an easy decision. You have always used the same condom brand, done your condom research, and don’t have any pressing problems with them. However, these two female-focused condom brands might make you reconsider.

Lola

This brand exudes sleekness, safety, and sexual wellness. Although you probably cannot tell what type of product Lola is just by the name, researching it will make all the difference. Unlike leading condom brands such as Trojan, Durex, and Skyn, Lola focuses on sexual safety and wellness from a woman’s perspective.

Lola’s condom packaging features neutral navy blue colors, wide white print letters, and an elegant eco-friendly design. By stressing that their condoms are made for and by women, Lola is one of the only brands to focus on the woman’s side of sexual experiences. 

If you never thought that your condoms could be vegan and gluten free, I would like to reintroduce you to Lola! Not only does Lola help protect the environment, they also protect us women with 100% vegan and gluten free products.

Sustain Natural

“Organic, aloe enriched, water-based lube.” These are the five words that grace the cover for this wildly aesthetic website. By simply reading these words, I am already excited to find out more. 

Sustain Natural promotes natural ingredients in the women’s wellness industry. To further emphasize how natural this brand is, they are nitrosamine free! You might not know what nitrosamine is, so I’ll clarify. Nitrosamine is a really gross chemical that is found in most condom brands on drugstore aisles, and definitely has no business being in our vaginas! 

Not only did Sustain eliminate nitrosamine from their condoms, they also eliminated all parabens! This brand stays true to their core values of creating natural products for a safe sexual experience. Along the lines of safety, Sustain Natural triple-tests their condoms! By checking out their FAQ, you can see how open they are in creating an environment to discuss issues that surround sexual wellness!

Although there are only a few completely female-focused sexual wellness brands out in the market, they illustrate just how far this market can go. We have learned from these two barrier-breaking brands about the urgent need for more female-focused condom brands. Women make up over half of the world population and more than half of these women are sexually active. Clearly, there’s a market out there. It’s time for women to take control of their sexual experiences, and to see what works best for them!

Meghana Reddy is the Campus Correspondent for the SCU chapter of Her Campus. Currently, she is a 4th year student pursuing a Major in Neuroscience and Minor in Computer Science. Meghana is passionate about women in entrepreneurship, consulting, healthcare, women's health, and dogs! In her free time, she loves to travel, try new foods, and practice yoga!