What is Meatless Monday?
Meatless Monday is a campaign promoting you and everyone else to give up meat for just one day a week.
Why does Meatless Monday concern you?
1. You get to celebrate a holiday every single week. Mondays seem to keep happening, so make them a little more interesting.
2. Save the calories (for drinking). Meatless Monday is a great way to stay fit and you’ll feel less guilty about your calorie-loaded margaritas from the weekend.
3. It’s trendy. All the cool kids are doing it.
4. Save lives every week. Animals are so freaking cute, let them roam and moo.
5. It’s nice. It’s like community service, but easier. Perfect damage control for your karmic well-being.
6. It’s environmentally friendly. You go to Santa Clara University so I know you like pretty things. Keep our earth pretty!
7. It’s good for your wallet. Vegetarian options are usually cheaper, so save some money and get the tofu instead.
8. Benson’s meat is sometimes questionable. Food poisoning… just saying.
9. I’ll like you better.
10. It’s easy, so why not? There is no time commitment and it’s just once a week, so get your friends to do it with you!
Interested in going meatless everyday? Visit http://features.peta.org/VegetarianStarterKit/. Otherwise, a vegetarian meal once a week is awesome for you and the animals! Try to do Meatless Monday as often as you can remember, but if you have a slip up, don’t forget there’s always Try Again Tuesday. You rock, don’t ever change.
Photo Source: Simply Nutricising