Reunited with Emily Burke and it Feels so Good!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCSU chapter.

On a cold and rainy day, I had the privilege of sitting down with a dear friend of mine, Emily Burke.  Emily is currently a junior at Southern, majoring in Marine Biology.  With fresh coffee between our hands for warmth, we sat at the local Starbucks and talked about life.  The best thing about Emily is her infectious laugh, it rings out as we reminisce about life and past adventures in elementary school. 

We began talking about how she’s adjusting to life at Southern.  Emily is a transfer from Western Connecticut State University, and just transferred to Southern this semester.  The moment I found out she was transferring to Southern I let out a yelp of joy! She has always been one of my best friends and now we were reunited! 

I asked Emily a few questions 

MS: What made you transfer to southern?

EB: “I wanted to be able to commute from home and Southern was the most convenient. It also had the degree program I was looking for, I’m a Marine Biology major.”

MS: What do you like most about southern?

EB: “I like the campus and I like how close it is to home.”

MS: Do you feel at home at Southern more so than your last school?

EB: “Yes, I do! The school is great so far!”

MS: What do you think you want to do after you graduate?

EB: “Apply for a graduate program. Hopefully somewhere in Maine or New Hampshire.”

MS: What are your favorite things to do outside of school?

EB: “I like to hang out with friends and binge watch Netflix.”

MS: Do you like commuting to school rather than living there?

EB: “I like commuting more. I liked living on campus but there are a lot of things you miss out on when you aren’t at home.”

MS: What are you listening to right now?

EB: “OneRepublic’s new album “Oh My My”, I’m obsessed with it!”

Talking to Emily was as easy as breathing, our conversation flowed freely and effortlessly, as it should with best friends.  Thank you Emily for letting us all into a little piece of your life and remember to remain absolutely fabulous!

Junior at SCSU, Communications major specializing in film production with an english minor. I hope you enjoy your day and always remember that you are flawless and completely loved!